HP7: So what did you think?

I absolutely loved it. It was a bit slow off the mark for me but it kinda grew on me until it reeled me in and I just couldn’t put it down (as usual). I cried , I gasped, I giggled, I hollered, I laughed out loud, I did all the silly things you do when reading HP. Above all it made me happy. She gave me MAGIC! Thank you JK.

I’ve made a start on it, but haven’t gotten very far. So far it’s been mostly slow, with about a gazillion gratuitous references to previous books. I hope it picks up soon.

Loved it, myself. It picks up steam, and covers a lot of ground at the end. I found the end just right - what a fun ride those books were.

Loved it as well. Right now I’m contemplating whether I should read all 7 again with the revelations made in HP7 in mind. I’m sure I’ll pick up a lot of the finer points this time around.

I’m re-reading the 5th now before I see it in theater, then I’ll re-read the 6th before I read the last one.
Any of you selling the Deathly Hallows?

Oh I enjoyed it so much as well! What a wonderful story… I felt all warm and fuzzy at the end (is that a spoiler?) I loved the epilogue…

I want to reread the 6th book now, now that I realize the significance of some of the events in the book. She was very clever with the details, for sure.

I just finished HP7 last night. Pages 200-400 will be condensed into about 10 minutes on screen. Plodding through them was not fun. Cutting Snape out sucked as the “secret” was all too obvious at the end. Draco had NOTHING to do and yet was so important.

I’m glad it ended as it did though, otherwise millions of media numbed children would have been in therapy for years to come.

I’m glad it’s over.

Josefus, if you haven’t got it yet, I’ll loan you 7. It takes two days to read it, as you need a break between the loooooooooooong “in hiding” chapters where you need to decide if reading 700 pages of 3rd grade English is worth it.

Thanks for the offer, but I finished it awhile ago.
Got the e-book and read it on my PSP.
Took me longer than 2 days, but not much.
Yeah, it was slow in parts, but it kept me well entertained.

Well, I actually read the thing. Took less than 20 minutes, thank god. First chapter, then straight to the epilogue. Didn’t miss anything by doing so, except a load of excerable writing. Third-grade English is being a bit kind, JD.

[quote]I just finished HP7 last night. Pages 200-400 will be condensed into about 10 minutes on screen. Plodding through them was not fun. Cutting Snape out sucked as the “secret” was all too obvious at the end. Draco had NOTHING to do and yet was so important.

I’m glad it ended as it did though, otherwise millions of media numbed children would have been in therapy for years to come.

I’m glad it’s over.

Josefus, if you haven’t got it yet, I’ll loan you 7. It takes two days to read it, as you need a break between the loooooooooooong “in hiding” chapters where you need to decide if reading 700 pages of 3rd grade English is worth it.[/quote]

Nice to know there’s someone out there who doesn’t just give it the rubber stamp to keep potter maniacs off his back.

Right on about there being some big slow parts in there. I thought it was slow through the first half, good for a couple hundred pages, and then excruciatingly cheesy for the last 100 or so pages.

The 3rd grade English doesn’t bother me so much. I knew what I was getting into.