Hsiao Bi-khim / Xiao Meiqin (蕭美琴)

Next in line for foreign affairs minister. She was given a stint in national security before sent off to US.

after her it will be Chi-Cheng Lo. After him Vincent Chao .

1 Like

I hope we don’t need to wait another 18 years to see how prescient your statements are. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

She used to live in my building in Yunghe. I spoke to her a few times but she was quite unfriendly. I got the impression she didn’t like Americans — at all.

Funny you would say that. I know two Americans who have met her (in US, not Taiwan) and both said she was rude.

One answer to this question, following the Nancy Pelosi visit to Taiwan, is reportedly being added to Beijing’s list of “stubborn Taiwan independence separatists.”

What does this honour entail?

The individuals on the list and their family members are banned from entering China, Hong Kong and Macao, Xinhua reported.

In addition, their affiliated institutions are restricted from cooperating with related organizations and individuals in China, and enterprises related to them cannot engage in business activities in China, according to Xinhua.

The individuals have gone to great lengths to “collude with external forces” in provocations advocating Taiwan independence and posed a grave danger to the Chinese national rejuvenation, Xinhua quoted a spokesperson of the office as saying.

Colluding with external forces? Well duh! Hsiao is appointed as a diplomat, which seems to be a profession Beijing scarcely understands.

Source: https://focustaiwan.tw/politics/202208160017

Guy

2 Likes