Hsimenting mall with 40 cell phone stores

Does anyone know how to get to the place - Lanyia, or something like that - where, according to the helpful guy at NOVA, there are 40 cell phone stores under the same roof?

My cell phone hand free headset is broken, and since nowadays they mostly have Bluetooth… I am in a bind here. I’ve already been to NOVA and Guanghua.

I put the order two months ago with the place where I bought it…I’m still waiting for the replacement.

It is not one of the big company cell phones - like SONY Ericcson or Motorola - and I really do not want to buy a new one just because the hands-free is broken. I mean, I’ve had my PHS phone for 9 years. And I could find several spare parts when needed. Shame on Tatung! (or rather, shame of me for buying it).

I was so happy listening to my MP3s, it was working on one earphone but now it is totally gone. I need entertainment for the MRT, reading the papers is part of work, not fun. And the hands free is so convenient when walking the dog.

Sigh

Yeah that place is on Movie Street in Ximending, across from the Friday’s Restaurant. It’s got a lot of phone shops along the outside, and a ton on the inside. I’ve walked through there a few times, and the whole first floor is tiny phone shops. The building is pretty old, and the upper floors creeped me out, so I never went there much.

Thanks, will check it out.

Went back to Tatung, and they finally had received the stuff. So, temporarily, I am happy, but to be on the safe side I ordered one more -which should be around by New Year, I guess.

[quote=“Icon”]Thanks, will check it out.

Went back to Tatung, and they finally had received the stuff. So, temporarily, I am happy, but to be on the safe side I ordered one more -which should be around by New Year, I guess.[/quote]

I’ll go get the street names when I head out in a few minutes. I’m in Ximen, a few blocks over from there.

edit

There are two places that I think fit what you want. The first one is a strip of stores on 西寧 (Xi1 Ning2) street near the TGI Fridays. 西寧 is the first street past Ximending and the row of cell phone stores is between 峨嵋 (E2 Mei2) street and 式昌 (Shi4 Chang2). They had the major brands, Nokia, Samsung, HTC, etc etc. I didn’t see Tatung, but there were a fewer non name brand places that weren’t open yet.

The second place you might want to try is the block before TGI Fridays. There are two plazas there, one that has clothing and the next one that has a lot of small electronic stores.

Good luck!

Do they sell cheap used phones at Ximending? i haven’t been there yet - maybe i’ll go tomorrow… i have a sim card, but the phone i brought with me from the US is an international cellphone and its kind of old…