Hsinchu Harbour Dogs need home before it's too late

There is a dog we’ve been helping at Haishan Harbour in Hsinchu. She is a two-year-old, unspayed black female. We call her Anise. My husband built her a “house” out of a plastic container to protect her from the rain and harsh winds, and we feed her whenever possible, but she needs a real home. She is really a people-dog and needs a proper home where she’ll be given the love and security she deserves. We already have three dogs and a cat and simply cannot provide for any more. She is alone for the first time in months, as her litter of pups recently “disappeared” (hopefully to good homes, but I’m not so optimistic).

Anise seems healthy, active and loving. It’s difficult to form too strong a bond with the Haishan Harbour dogs, however, because they are routinely culled or collected. Especially as the weather becomes warmer and more cyclists come around, the dogs begin to “vanish” in large groups, especially the friendly, trusting ones. I’m worried about Anise and hope that someone out there can give her the home she deserves. Please PM me if you (or someone you know) can help. I’ll post a photo as soon as I can get one; we’re going to see her later tonight, but it may be too dark to get a good pic by then.

Are you on Facebook? If you can get a Note about her up on facebook, it would be easy for everyone to spread the message.

You might want to think about getting her neutered, vaccinated, and microchipped, and perhapes dewormed and defleaed, as this will make her much easier to adopt out.

It’s great that you’re helping her. Fingers crossed she gets a home very soon. :thumbsup:

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Are you on Facebook? If you can get a Note about her up on facebook, it would be easy for everyone to spread the message.

You might want to think about getting her neutered, vaccinated, and microchipped, and perhapes dewormed and defleaed, as this will make her much easier to adopt out.

It’s great that you’re helping her. Fingers crossed she gets a home very soon. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Unfortunately, we won’t have enough money to do any of those things for a couple of months.

Anise’s seeds (both of them) reappeared with her the day after the last post; whether they were taken for vaccinations or what, I have no clue. The pics were taken that day as well; the pups are bigger now, about three months old. The smaller of the two has mange, by the looks of it; will take them to a vet as soon as we’re able.

This is Anise:

And these are the seeds: