Hsinchu to CKS airport

No car. Can anyone tell me the best way to get to the airport from Hsinchu. I can’t find a direct bus. Is it easiest to take a train to Taoyuan and then catch a taxi to the airport? Thanks!

That would cost 400-500nt my guess as it is 300nt from Nankan. The might be a bus from Taoyuan Station, but there is a bus to at lest Nankan no problem. Most of the airport buses pass thru Nankan about every 5 mins.

I am surprised there is nothing going from down that way. There may be buses from Jhongli also.

Very strange, I should think that there is a bus passing Xinzhu that heads for the airport. Mostly they come from Taizhong or Tainan and stop over in Xinzhu.

Yes, shock horror there are no buses from Hsinchu direct to the airport. The best part is the Dalmation company (we’ll leave them nameless at this point) advertise at their ofice in Hsinchu, near the train station, that they have buses to the airport. I asked them about it. The answer: first take the bus to Taipei, then transfer. :loco: The mind does boggle that there are no direct buses from Hsinchu, though.

Anyway, my last trip home from here I shared a taxi with 2 colleagues taking the same flight, but I do believe there are buses from Zhong-li and from Taoyuan train station areas.

Its completely stupid not having a train service to the airport. Melbourne, Australia shares the same stupidity.

Hong Kong is great. Check in and get your seat and boarding pass right in the city then take the train all the way out. Simple.

Don’t know how much a taxi would be from Taoyuan train station to the airport. Might be the simplest with bags to cart around.

[quote=“Ironman”]Its completely stupid not having a train service to the airport. Melbourne, Australia shares the same stupidity.

Hong Kong is great. Check in and get your seat and boarding pass right in the city then take the train all the way out. Simple.

Don’t know how much a taxi would be from Taoyuan train station to the airport. Might be the simplest with bags to cart around.[/quote]

As was pointed out in a recent thread, Taiwan is building one right now. So relax. Soon things won’t be completely stupid.

As for the Hsinchu-CKS trip, a number of bus companies (Tonglian and Taiqi (Kingbus) I think, but you can easily find out by asking) offer a transfer to and from the airport to all points south at the Chungli Rest Area on the Sun Yat-sen Freeway. It’s quite convenient and the ticket should be transferable on the shuttle. See? Things aren’t so bad after all.

I just spoke to a guy on the highspeed rail project. He said a delay of 2 years. At least.

How can it go from soon to 2 years?

Thanks, I’m relaxed now.

Always happy not to know about a thread. It means I have a life.

A taxi to the airport from Hsinchu is possible. I use the same guy each trip and he charges about $1100 one way. There are limo companies as well which cost $1600 - 1800 one way.

There are buses from Hsinchu to CKS with a 5 minutes transfer time in chongli.The transfer is fast ,normally there is a bus allready waiting.

If i remember the bus name is “UBUS company”. I take it allways from near chungwa university. their office is not in the line in front of chungwa university but a little bit on the sides , i think in the lane of 3C’s.

i am sorry i dont know if they have offices in downtown or not but they must be having.

But trust me i have been to the airport atleast 10 times using this , so its not a hassle at all.