Hsinchu TV Bars or Pubs & and English Premiere League games

There seems to be a load of TV Bars. Most look shady. I’ve tried a couple and both times, it’s been empty with little atmosphere. Both were also catered to the late late night older crowd that likes to sing KTV songs from the 70’s.

I’m in my early 30’s, and am looking for a good place to chill, down to earth, Cheers type of bar where “everyone knows your name, and they’re always glad you came…” Does this place exist in Hsinchu? If so, please suggest a few places. As long as there is an atmosphere, some western flavor would be nice and decent prices, I’m willing to give it a shot.

Secondly, are there any pubs that regularly show soccer games? Champions League games or the Premiere League Games?

Thanks for your replies…

Signed, Thirsty in Hsinchu

Suggest a trip to Taipei! :blush:

The Warehouse (64 Huayuan St. on the other side of the train tracks from Sogo, near the night market). Has a bigscreen TV and regularly shows soccer games. The pizza there is really good and there is a nice laid back atmosphere. It’s only been open as a bar for a month or so. Sometimes it’s full, sometimes empty. They have some live bands, trivia every other friday, and a pool table. All beers are 100.

Dear Peachka,

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll give that a try. Huayuan St? not sure where it is. Are there any noticeable landmarks nearby? And please, don’t say it’s next to a convenience store. Any help would be great.

Cheers.

Try 4Q2 run by Nigel on Mintzu Road a couple of minutes from the central train station. Ph: 035 210 387

He’s a football lover and you can watch the games there. He has both DSTV Supersports and Dream TV satellite systems.

Regards

For better directions to the Warehouse - you can call Jack (the owner) at 0936691947 or 03562-8933