HSR down? Can't book tickets

Does anyone know whether the HSR is still down from the earthquake? I’m trying to book tickets (Northern Taiwan, nowhere near the quake), but it’s telling me that tickets are “unavailable”. The phone booking line says the same. Has anyone heard anything or taken the THSR in the last couple of days?

It was down yesterday (Thursday) evening for sure, earthquake related… Not sure when they plan to resume service, sorry…

This probably won’t do you any good, since the problem is likely with the HSR itself rather than those particular ticketing systems, but just in case…

People can now buy tickets for the High-Speed Rail through the touch-screen facility at Family Mart convenience stores. So maybe, just maybe, that system would work. But there’s no English interface. So I wouldn’t go out of your way for this.

A car derailed in Zuoying (derailed but did not actually fall off the track and come crashing down, just off the track), and some overhead powerlines snapped and came down. That was yesterday. Not sure of the service.

Looks like it’s the normal ole train or a bus. Not too long from where you are.

Sigh…
I guess when I was younger that wouldn’t have fazed me; why should it now?