HTC Sensation (Android) + ChungHwa Telecom = Can't download MMS

Hi all,

I’ve recently been trying to figure out how to download MMS Messages on my HTC Sensation. The phone is running a custom ROM and, as far as I can tell, all the settings are correct. I have no problem with 3G or Wi-Fi. MMS Auto Retrieve is turned on in the default app, but I’m using GO SMS Pro. However, it doesn’t seem to matter what app I use, I can’t download MMS messages. Since I’ve had the phone, I’ve gone through probably 3 or 4 custom ROMS and have NEVER been able to download MMS messages, so it’s not tied to the ROM in any way. It’s either the phone or the settings.

I’ve tried playing around with the APNs, tried new settings, etc, but nothing quite seems to work. Is there something I’m missing here?
My wife on are on an unlimited 3G plan, so data allowance should not be a problem. I’m not sure if there is some special clause in the contract for MMS messages. Perhaps I’ll try on my wife’s phone later.

Anyway, anyone experience any trouble with MMS messages? Are there any particular settings I should be looking at?
Thanks.

Well, I think I figured it out.

Apparently, the plan that I am using has unlimited 3G, which means that you can not use MMS service. It seems odd that you can’t download MMS data through 3G, but then again this is Taiwan and CHT is just weird like that. The only solution is to wait for the contract to finish and then get a limited 3G plan + MMS service.