HTC Touch Pro & Taipei Wifi

I think they’ve got the hardware just right with this one. As for the OS, a bit of a gamble. I’m not sure whether Sony’s custom interface can completely iron out the clunkiness and complication of Windows Mobile.

I think people want the ease and simplicity of an iPhone with the power and flexibility of WM, or at least of this new crop of WM phones.

Well, supposedly the keyboard on the Xperia sucks compared to the Pro, although that’s just hear say so…
boygeniusreport.com/2008/06/ … x1-review/

Yes, we are all stupid Apple fan-boys. [/quote]

rascal, note “IMO” in my comment.

I’ve talked to several iPhone users who had the comment, WM is “too complicated”. I bought my wife 3 CE/WM devices over the years. She said “too complicated”, and never used them. On her own, she bought an iPhone, and can’t live without it, with me as TS. Some “business use quirks”: if you’re syncing with Outlook, iPhones only sync with Outlook 2007 and the immediately preceding version, no Outlook version older than those two. The limitation is not in the manual… you have to feel the fun, then call Apple tech support.

I’m not sure what the immediately proceeding version is - is it Outlook 2003 or was there one in between? That seems the be the earliest version that I know quite a lot of people have, in which case yeah it could be a problem. I’m not sure of the exact ins and outs of Apples new Mobile Me service, but theoretically you could use that somewhere in the process or if you set up IMAP or something you could get around some of these problems. But yes this kind of thing is hardly for the non-geek…

At the end of the day all businesses should be at least at the version before the latest of Office, it really annoys me when I do some slick PPT or something using the latest charts layout etc. and no one can edit them but me… Sure this is “my fault” for trying to have the latest software and it’s a cost lots of businesses don’t want to pay for X number of employees, in which case they might as well go with Open Office or something - Since my MS Word went buggy and I couldn’t be bothered to use it, I’ve been using NeoOffice (the native MacOS version of Open Office) and it actually does the the job very well - I’ve laid out some newsletters that needed to be .Docs etc. (why oh why can’t more people get InDesign?)

Sorry, went off on a little geek rant there…

Alex

I’m now thinking about going for a Blackberry Bold / iPod Touch combo for the best of both worlds…

Anyone played with the Bold? Is it out yet? I’ve never had a Crackberry, but thinking it might be about time… Has it gotten any better at viewing attachments? How about editing?

Alex

I just got a Nokia E71, and it is pretty awesome, although it’s butt ugly. Keyboard is small, but very usable. Great sound quality, quick as lightning.