Http://forumosafieds.com/

why is there nowhere to post ads for general items for sale?

eg if i want to sell a bicycle - where do i put it?

I’d sell the bike in the buy/sell/swap category: forumosafieds.com/index.php?catid=10

Remember: this is still in BETA, so there are still some kinks to be worked out. Please report below any problems you have

Cheers

g.

Obviously - but as you have it currently structured:

Buy/sell/swap

• moving sales/firesales
  • electronics
  • vehicles
  • trade
  • real estate
  • free

… it implies they are the categories. Surely something like this would make more sense

Buy/sell/swap

• general
  • moving sales/firesales
  • electronics
  • vehicles
  • trade
  • real estate
  • free

Haha - I think something like that would also make sense. Thanks for the feedback

I thought it was intuitive that all except the job and personals “top level” categories would accept jobs. As a need for a new subcategory emerges, we can create more along the way. In some of the new subcategories, I expect there to be listings even if there aren’t any now (ex. Pet Adoptions in Kaohsiung) for one reason or another (we have now a Pets Forum moderator based in KHH)

For the Jobs and Personals top level pages, I plan to add links into The Knowledge (Taiwanease.com) and out to other websites that may be useful for people who do browse those categories.

I agree with Chris H. It’s not intuitive at all. Took me a while to figure it out.

How would you improve it - add “general” categories below each one Top Level category? That seems redundant

That’s exactly what I would do, and I would make the category title unclickable in that view.

i agree too,took me 5 month to realize there was more selling options than just cars and electronics…and that’s when i did a search…

More problems. After filling in all my apartment info I was asked to select a category. No problem. Then I am directed to a paypal account. WTF? I am not filling in all this stuff. Are the ads free or not. Supposedly we get free credit but still have to jump through all the paypal hoops? I don’t get what is going on. This is the third time I have tried to post an ad. This is my second wasted lunch hour and still no ad. So, it’s back to tealit. :unamused:

apparently there’s a bug,it’s in a thread somewhere,i think gus will fill you in,but when i tried i just had to reload the page,can’t remember exactly,but it did ruin a lot of my time too :frowning:

Teaching Agents and Teaching are currently switched around from where they should be.

[quote=“Matchstick_man”]Teaching Agents and Teaching are currently switched around from where they should be.[/quote]What do you mean by “switched around”? The ads that belong in Teaching are in Agents and the Ad in Agents belongs in Teaching?

That’s exactly what I would do, and I would make the category title unclickable in that view.[/quote]

I’ll try this out.
Cheers

[quote=“Goose Egg”][quote=“Matchstick_man”]Teaching Agents and Teaching are currently switched around from where they should be.[/quote]What do you mean by “switched around”? The ads that belong in Teaching are in Agents and the Ad in Agents belongs in Teaching?[/quote] Yes. That’s exactly what I mean.

OH, well now I’m really confused - because the ads in “Teaching” seem to be ads for teachers and the ad in “Agents” is an ad from an agent

What am I missing?

If I click on Teaching under jobs in the Forumosafied section of this page it takes me here and Teaching Agents takes me here

It’s really no big thing as it’s easy to work out which is which after clicking on both.

You are talking about the Sitemap in the Forums! I am sorry - I completely misunderstood you

Thank you for pointing this out - I’ll fix this right away

g.

You are talking about the Sitemap in the Forums! I am sorry - I completely misunderstood you

Thank you for pointing this out - I’ll fix this right away

g.[/quote]

And my problem? :help:

I haven’t forgotten about this - in fact, I am doing something about it

apparently there’s a bug,it’s in a thread somewhere,i think gus will fill you in,but when i tried I just had to reload the page,can’t remember exactly,but it did ruin a lot of my time too :frowning:[/quote]
I am in the midst of re-organizing the forms and inputs. But dablindfrog is right - just reload the page and you are all set. And you only have to do this the very first time you post an ad with your Forumosa ID. After that first attempt, this problem shouldn’t appear anymore.