Hualien Hotels

Hey all,

Has anyone stayed in any decent hotels in Hualien? I want to go visit there this summer and I will be travelling with my mom. I don’t want anything too fancy. But I would like to be close to all the important places.

Thanks
stare

hello stare,

i went to hualien for a weekend in march, while i was in taiwan.

if you are arriving by train you will have no problem finding a hotel. as soon as we walked out of the train station and headed toward the hotels (we did not have a room booked yet), a woman approached us who runs a hotel one block from the train station.

it is called the CHIAN TAI. first she showed us the most expensive room, but when i said it was too expensive she showed us another smaller, yet still nice room. we booked two rooms. i got a room with one double bed for NT$1500 for 2 nights. not bad for US$24 per night.

it was clean and comfortable and very close to the train station, restaurants, bars and an area of town i found fun-lots of game rooms, bars, and activity-although so much quieter than taipei. hualien was a lot of fun. my nonadventurous friends crashed out as soon as we got there but i wanted to explore hualien, so i walked out the door of the hotel and went to the right, in the opposite direction of the train station. lots of fun, and friendly people.

the woman we met comes out to solicit customers whenever a train arrives, but in case she’s not there it’s easy to find. you can see it from the front door of the train station. just walk out the main door and from there you will see many hotels. the one i stayed at is on the right. just go down the sidewalk on the right up to the main road and its right across the street. there is a small coffee shop right underneath it to the left. there are many places to eat right next to it too.

either way, you should have no problem finding a hotel in hualien. the rates are probably similar, but i only know the CHIAN TAI. the rooms had air conditioners too, which i did not need in march, but they are available.

have fun,

jm

Park view hotel
my aunt booked a travel package for my boyfriend and I in January which included return train transportation from Taipei, transfers between the train station and hotel, and one night’s stay in this hotel (5 star) for just NT3000

I know you said you’re not after anything fancy but for that price, I think it’s an excellent deal. The service in the hotel was excellent, the rooms were brand new and spacious (king sized beds, separate shower and bath, flat-screen TV, etc). While it’s not exactly in downtown Hualian (about 10mins drive), there’s a shuttle service that runs which is free for hotel patrons.

It’s on the way to Taroko and the hotel runs various tours which you can join

i stayed at the Park View recently. Nothing to complain about.

Here is another one that I would like to stay at next time. I am guessing it is not that expensive, maybe between NT$2,500 and NT$5,000 per night.

Here is the hotel’s website bellevista.com.tw/

Nice thanks for all the help everyone. I think I will be making a booking next week.

You know,the real beauty of Hualien lies outside the hotels. Find somewhere clean, ( to your parents standards) and reasonably priced. Job done.

Just my two penneth.
Me, my wife and 2 yr old stayed at the Bellevista the weekend before last. It’s in a great location, although slightly away from the centre of Hualien. It overlooks the sea and is right next to the Ocean Park, so plenty for the kids to do.
The rooms were great but the food and service left a lot to be desired.
Breakfast and dinner were buffet style but they put out exactly the same things all the time we were there and it was far from hot. Quality was poor as well. We wouldn’t rush back!!
Shame really, coz the location is stunning.

you may want to look here:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … &&start=10

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … +AND+hotel

the bellevista is listed in the first link as well.

[quote=“CJ”]Just my two penneth.
Me, my wife and 2 yr old stayed at the Bellevista the weekend before last. It’s in a great location, although slightly away from the centre of Hualian. It overlooks the sea and is right next to the Ocean Park, so plenty for the kids to do.
The rooms were great but the food and service left a lot to be desired.
Breakfast and dinner were buffet style but they put out exactly the same things all the time we were there and it was far from hot. Quality was poor as well. We wouldn’t rush back!!
Shame really, because the location is stunning.[/quote]
OK, thanks for the info. Now that I know what to expect I might not be let down. I can deal with bad service (just take a deep breath before checking in) and bad food (don’t eat at the hotel), but I can’t deal with a bad room.

Going to try out this hotel instead. Looks much better than Belle Vista. Will let you know. Its called Promised Land.

www.plcresort.com.tw