Huashan Park Murder in Taipei

I didn’t know about this. Can you post the statistics where you got that idea from? I’m genuinely interested in them… if you actually have them.

OTOH I’ll give you that it is true that in TW there are these stereotypes of she being a princess and he being a prince. I’ve even heard that in Chinese culture women tolerate infidelities more than in Western countries.

I think it’s time to start addressing the issue of toxic motherhood.

3 Likes

That’s a horrible example of toxic femininity.

That’ll be because the man fucked off years ago. Not really a telling statistic is it?

2 Likes

What about women having old fashioned ideas about women here?

There’s a lot of old fashioned ideas floating around these neighbourhoods.

Men’s fault too. They were pushed by men to accept those old fashionable ideas.

I’m not quite sure where to go with that.

Basically you’re saying that, of all the nice, decent family men I work with at the office, at least ONE of them was, like, hell yeah, wish that had been ME smashing that bitch’s head into the pavement?

Have you spent too much time working in the parole service or something?

Now we’re getting somewhere. Can you show that this is a reality in Taiwan, and is leading to particular murders, or perform some kind of statistical analysis?

:speak_no_evil:

I’d say it’s your responsibility to show that toxic masculinity is really a thing, not mine to show it’s not :2cents:

1 Like

It’s a fallacy to say that something is masculine for most of the times it happens it involves a man. There would be a correlation of masculinity and that behaviour if a high number of men showed that behaviour.

Beware of fallacies, my friends.

Don’t try to deny it… you too like to jerk in circles!

Never got that. There’s got to be something more interesting to do.

this chart probably speaks of postpartum depression and single mom crisis, plus children are dependent on moms for a very long time too.

toxic femininity would be someone like Karla Homolka

I know, but I’ll follow the “toxic masculinity” logic and blame it on women. ALL women, of course, because those who don’t do anything about it are just as guilty.

Oh fear not, there’s a lot of countries in the middle east, africa and asia where the sole role of women is to stay home, pump out as many kids as possible (possibly male) and shut up about it. Saudi Arabia was just the first that came to mind, the whole list would take a while.

the most common filicide scenarios: A father killing a son was the most likely (29.5 percent of cases), a mother killing a son (22.1 percent) follows. A mother was slightly more likely to kill a daughter (19.7 percent of cases) than a father was (18.1 percent). The rarest instances were stepmothers killing either a stepson (0.5 percent) or a stepdaughter (0.3 percent).

Quoted from “Analysis: 32 years of U.S. filicide arrests”
https://news.brown.edu/articles/2014/02/filicide

I’m not so sure insanity wasn’t a factor here.

It’s a different statistics, the one I linked refers to infanticide, so newborns.

Insanity? Noooooooooo. It’s just that he wanted to be very macho, that’s why he killed her. Now everybody knows how manly he is.

1 Like

I know. I put a different statistics that might be related to motherhood and fatherhood.

Where’s the toxic lady?

There are roughly 3-4 times more cases of domestic assault per capita reported to the police every year in Taiwan compared to HK and Japan. Now, I dont remember reading that the overall crime level in Taiwan is 3-4 times higher of that in Japan or HK, hence there is something odd with the level of domestic violence here.

Now, if the posters here dislike attributing it to a culture of toxic masculinity(I also find this a bit odd term), thats cool. But, the phenomena is still there and its doing the women in Taiwan a diservice to just brush if off as some crazy guy when there clearly is something systemic a bit off in Taiwan.