Huayu enrichment courses QUESTIONS

Hello everyone,

I have some questions concerning the Huayu scholarships (2016-2017). I know the monthly stipend is NTD 25.000, but does this also include the fees for the languages centres and your plane ticket? Can you guys also recommend a language centre (preferably in Taipei), they all say they are the best! :laughing:

Thanks! :notworthy:
Nienke

I am pretty sure that you just get the monthly stipend, so no extra money for plane tickets or tuition.

Iā€™m currently preparing my application for 2016 as well and have a few questions too. I figured we might as well gather them all in this thread. :slight_smile:

[ul][li]Where do you specify the length of the scholarship? Are you supposed to check all the terms under ā€œRegular termsā€ if you want a 1 year scholarship?[/li]
[li]What should write under language proficiency if you are a beginner and havenā€™t taken TOCFL?[/li][/ul]

Link to the application Iā€™m using.

[quote=ā€œmacsundā€]
[ul][li]Where do you specify the length of the scholarship? Are you supposed to check all the terms under ā€œRegular termsā€ if you want a 1 year scholarship?[/li]
[li]What should write under language proficiency if you are a beginner and havenā€™t taken TOCFL?[/li][/ul][/quote]

Your application form is different than mine, I can select the amount of months I would like to go (2,3,6,9 or a year), not the terms. My professor told me that I had to take the TOCFL test or else I would not be able to apply for the scholarship, so I have no idea what it is like for beginners. Maybe you should try to send a mail to the person responsible for the scholarship in your region, hopefully they can help you!

[quote=ā€œnienkegoā€][quote=ā€œmacsundā€]
[li]What should write under language proficiency if you are a beginner and havenā€™t taken TOCFL?[/li][/ul][/quote]

Your application form is different than mine, I can select the amount of months I would like to go (2,3,6,9 or a year), not the terms. My professor told me that I had to take the TOCFL test or else I would not be able to apply for the scholarship, so I have no idea what it is like for beginners. Maybe you should try to send a mail to the person responsible for the scholarship in your region, hopefully they can help you![/quote]

Strange, I canā€™t find anything in the official documentation saying that you need to take the TOCFL before applying. All I could find is that you will have to pass a TOCFL level 3 before the end of the scholarship if you stay more than 9 months.

As for which language center to choose, Iā€™m currently leaning towards NTNU Mandarin Training Center.

[quote=ā€œmacsundā€]
[list][]Where do you specify the length of the scholarship? Are you supposed to check all the terms under ā€œRegular termsā€ if you want a 1 year scholarship?
[
]What should write under language proficiency if you are a beginner and havenā€™t taken TOCFL?[/quote]

Iā€™m also preparing mine and Iā€™m not gonna put anything here because well, I donā€™t think saying ā€œhello how are you?ā€ can be categorised as ā€œfairā€ :whistle:

As for the form Iā€™m using, Iā€™m asked at the very beginning for which length Iā€™m applying 3 6 9 months or summer session and they also say they can decide to shorter it and which length Iā€™d accept in this case.

[quote=ā€œcelinea42ā€][quote=ā€œmacsundā€]
[list][]Where do you specify the length of the scholarship? Are you supposed to check all the terms under ā€œRegular termsā€ if you want a 1 year scholarship?
[
]What should write under language proficiency if you are a beginner and havenā€™t taken TOCFL?[/quote]

Iā€™m also preparing mine and Iā€™m not gonna put anything here because well, I donā€™t think saying ā€œhello how are you?ā€ can be categorised as ā€œfairā€ :whistle:

As for the form Iā€™m using, Iā€™m asked at the very beginning for which length Iā€™m applying 3 6 9 months or summer session and they also say they can decide to shorter it and which length Iā€™d accept in this case.[/quote]

Yeah, Iā€™ll probably end up not putting anything either. Good luck with your application!

Celinea42

In Tainan: kclc.ncku.edu.tw/index.php?lang=en&task=home
Here life is a little cheaper than in taipei or Kaoshion

Thanks guys. Iā€™m been accepted to Tunghai university CLC and now waiting for the Huayu scolarship. Good luck to all of us!