Huayu Enrichment Scholarship Applicants 2010-2011

Today i got a letter from taiwanese representation to go to a “selection interview”. (germany)
I applied for one year language scholarship.

first post, hi.

Says it was sent some time last night, but that would not make sense as it is coming straight out of Houston. But, I received the Taiwan Scholarship with the one year LEP. I do not believe I got the Huyau Scholarship however. I am excited!

I haven’t heard anything here. Maybe they announce the Taiwan scholarship and Huayu Scholarships at different times? Congratulations though on the scholarship. You must be super excited. Best of luck to you.

Valor, maybe you should just give them a call?

Good job, dude. It’s a good sign to see posters here getting scholarships.

Maybe there weren’t too many applicants after all…

I applied for the Hua Yu, and I’m hoping to see the good news tonight when I come home and check my e-mail.

To be sure, I’ll have more than enough money to live in Taiwan for a year without working and still pay for tuition at National Taiwan University. I’ve worked my ass off and lived on a disciplined budget in Texas for too long to ever go broke in Taiwan. Still, I’m expecting the best.

Does anyone have clear information on slots available, or the process of finally getting accepted?
I’ve found 1 Finland, 1 malaysia, 20 Thailand, 3 Canada(extended deadline http://www.mcgill.ca/eas/huayuenrichmentscholarship/ ).
the notice in my university said the application period was also extended and there are “still up to 6” (Germany)

The Taiwan scholarships and Huayu scholarships are awarded at different times. Taiwan scholarship results are out already, but I don’t think anyone has heard back about the Huayu yet.

I know I sure haven’t. I’ll check the inbox today when I get home, though.

I’m crossing my fingers but we probly won’t hear until July or whatever. I’m just going to keep piling paychecks into my savings account until I hear the good news.

Just got the email saying I didn’t receive the scholarship. It was sent around 10:30 this evening. Good luck to everyone else!

*They did put me on the waiting list though, but I guess they put everyone on the waiting list? Kaixi what about you???

[quote=“valor”]Just got the email saying I didn’t receive the scholarship. It was sent around 10:30 this evening. Good luck to everyone else!

*They did put me on the waiting list though, but I guess they put everyone on the waiting list? Kaixi what about you???[/quote]

Crap… No, I haven’t heard anything at all. Don’t know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. :pray:

I’ll post on here once I hear something…

I’m going to Taiwan regardless, but this sure will make my life a lot easier.

Valor, if you didn’t get the scholarship even though you took the TOP, then competition must be stiff, since I was told at the TECO here that TOP applicants have a higher chance of acceptance.

I didn’t get to take TOP, so I imagine I won’t receive it. In that case, I would think about going to China or HK instead.

I know someone who didn’t take TOP and received the scholarship last year. I didn’t take the TOP either and I still think I have a good chance of getting it. I am going to take it this year, and if I don’t get the Taiwan scholarship now, I may reapply next year.

My friend heard back yesterday and we was rejected. It seems no news is good news at this point. They sent out rejections but it doesn’t seem like any acceptances yet.

Good luck everyone.

So has anyone else heard anything? I got my email Friday night, but seems like others haven’t heard anything, even those who applied to the same TECO as me. Kaixi333 have you heard back yet?

Nope… I haven’t heard anything at all. The Houston TECO sounds like a cluster.

I may as well just assume that I won’t get it and work here in Texas an extra month.

Maybe they won’t tell the recipients until June? I don’t know and at this point I’m just going to save money as if I won’t get it.

Valor… when are you planning on coming to Taiwan?

Nothing yet from the Canadian office in Ottawa. Restlessly waiting…

[quote=“KaiXi333”]Nope… I haven’t heard anything at all. The Houston TECO sounds like a cluster.

I may as well just assume that I won’t get it and work here in Texas an extra month.

Maybe they won’t tell the recipients until June? I don’t know and at this point I’m just going to save money as if I won’t get it.

Valor… when are you planning on coming to Taiwan?[/quote]

I’m already here. :sunglasses: I’m debating whether or not I want to sign up for classes and pay my own money. I teach English right now and I’ve managed to save up quite a bit of money. I could afford to take a year off and study but I dunno. I might cut my hours to the minimum and self-study/get a serious language exchange/tutor.

Please let me know when you hear back from TECO. This waiting list thing is killing me, do they tell everyone that or do I still have a shot? Only time will tell I guess.

[quote=“valor”]I’m already here. I’m debating whether or not I want to sign up for classes and pay my own money. I teach English right now and I’ve managed to save up quite a bit of money. I could afford to take a year off and study but I dunno. I might cut my hours to the minimum and self-study/get a serious language exchange/tutor.

Please let me know when you hear back from TECO. This waiting list thing is killing me, do they tell everyone that or do I still have a shot? Only time will tell I guess. [/quote]

HA! Awesome!!! Yeah… I’ll be sure to post in here first thing as soon as I hear from them. Anyways, see ya there in September!!!

We should have the results next week. From what I heard when I called the guy at my consulate, he said that I still had time to send my TOP results and that they had not yet chosen. We must be patient.

That’s what they said last week. :laughing: