Huel

Is Huel available on the shelf anywhere in Taiwan? Is it popular there?

Huel is absolutely brilliant. I’m not one of these nuts who drinks it every day, but it’s so convenient to have for certain situations (when you need a meal before a workout, when you’re in a hurry and want to avoid eating takeaway or a microwavable meal, etc.) that I’d struggle to go back to life without it.

What’s a huel? is it an alternative fuel for scooters?

1 Like

It’s fuel in Taiwanese.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a replacement for smoke grenades too. Why use smoke grenades when vehicles can produce a lot more of them?

It’s a powdered meal replacement that contains all the nutrients and calories you need from a meal and sounds pretentious-as-fuck, but is actually really good. It’s very popular in London. They recently started selling it at supermarkets, whereas before you had to order it online.

Oh, like a super sized Big Mac meal, but in powdered form.

1 Like

It’s like Soylent, which has been discussed before, and neither is available off the shelf. But you can make your own variations with a little work:
http://completefoods.co/

4 Likes

You just need some people to make soylent.

2 Likes

A couple years back I was “eating” Huel all the time. I’d just order batches of it from their website and they’d ship it from HK within a few days. I’m not sure if they still keep stock there, but you could ask.