Hulu crashed my computer

I don’t know what did hulu do to their software but it crashed my browser only just now. I tried everything like switching to IE (I am using firefox) and that crashed the whole browser. I even updated flash and it did not help. No info on the net either… almost as if I am the only one experiencing the problem.

any suggestions?

Just a little more information: I monitored the resource usage and checked the error console in firefox. It seems the crash happens right when the flash player for hulu connects with fplive.hulu.com (or something like that) and then the memory usage for the plugin container for firefox shoots up past 500mb! It looks like the most recent version of firefox stopped the plugin before it gets out of hand.

I thought Hulu was off limits for us outside of the US anyway.

I am using a poxy

I am using a poxy[/quote]

Yes and Hulu have been known to disable proxy links do to copyrights issues.

[quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]

I am using a poxy[/quote]
You should get that unsightly rash seen to.

I was on the verge of getting a poxy, epoxy or perhaps I should visit a temple to get a pox on the entertainment industry who meddles in my right to watch tv and even use my DVD’s but here’s the question…

There are different flavors of poxy… one company told me that one flavor can be blocked. But the upgrade cannot and works well on HULU. Here’s the quote…
“…actually PPTP can be blocked in Taiwan then you will need upgrade to Open Lite 10$ monthly…”
What does this mean… How are proxies different? What is the cheapest and best solution to watch Hulu? I want to watch Nanny and the Professor and Hazel.

Get a VPN. VPN cant be blocked.

they can blackball your exit point, however, which is the same effect.

they can blackball your exit point, however, which is the same effect.[/quote]
True, but Witopia at least talks about changing the exit points if that happens.

Witopia’s working for me, at $60 per year, exit points in many countries around the world. With the ongoing World Cup, and CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada, I think it’s worth it to me but I’m not entirely sure yet.

I have this vague idea that PPTP is lower-quality and, uh, SSLP or STP or whatever is higher-end.

I don’t think it’s hulu’s fault that the content can’t be available for international viewing though… it’s the content provider’s fault… I mean there’s a lot of regional or localized content that those content providers want to maintain in order to make sure they squeeze the last dollar out of anything. Of course it sucks when you live in another country and the contents there just suck for your culture…

Hulu cannot legally offer the content for international viewing they only have rights inside the USA.

If you don’t like the culture where you are now thats tough luck isnt it? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Of course you can get anything you want so it’s not really an issue for most.

[quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]I don’t know what did hulu do to their software but it crashed my browser only just now. I tried everything like switching to IE (I am using firefox) and that crashed the whole browser. I even updated flash and it did not help. No info on the net either… almost as if I am the only one experiencing the problem.

any suggestions?[/quote]
There’s a word that is synonymous with a huge downpour of rain. It begins with a T.