Human-Animal Embryo

Crazy stuff.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02275-3

I think I’ve see them already around for a while. Some even learn tricks like “riding” scooters, pretty comical.

1 Like

An embryo riding a scooter? :thinking:

Hiromitsu Nakauchi, who leads teams at the University of Tokyo and Stanford University in California, plans to grow human cells in mouse and rat embryos and then transplant those embryos into surrogate animals. Nakauchi’s ultimate goal is to produce animals with organs made of human cells that can, eventually, be transplanted into people.

Japan is basically dying. I think it would be a far greater accomplishment for this scientist to figure out how to get Japanese people to reproduce (naturally without some crazy cloning scheme) than to play with rat-human hybrids.

2 Likes

well maybe. There are many incentives to have more children here, including maernity and paternity elave. but people are still reluctant.

and I think some of you are reading this article as if Japan is the only place to perform this kind of research. Far from it! Japan has just relaxed a regulation that forbade it, but other countries have been doing this for ages.

or something a bit heavier (and older)