Humidity in Taiwan

Stupid question although…

OK, I have a weather control station at home, now showing a “humidity rate” inside of 75% (outside 93% this machine works!).

And I now have in my dressing another strange machine: a “deshumidifier” (hem pardon my French!).

I don’t anything about such climate and its effect on clothes. Should I put this machine on? How will my clothes be with such humidity?

a dehimidifier will take the humidity and resulting mositure out of your clothes… i use mine almost everyday… hate the humidity here and the way it makes everything damp and moldy.

Your clothes, sofa even books and CDs might start to mold soon. So turn that thing on…

Hello, my name is mesheel and I am a humiphobic.

Yes, use it. I lost 1/3 of my books to mold from the humidity. As for clothing, take it out and air it regularly. I’ve had mold grow on winter clothing during the summer months, and summer shoes in winter. Open your closets when you have the dehumidfier on. Don’t crowd clothing together. Let everything have breathing space.

Whenever it rains or feels muggy, use the dehumidifier.

Yes, all well but don’t use it in the bedroom while you’re sleeping. According to my wife it’s unhealthy and maybe you could get dehydrated overnite and turn into a mummy! :unamused:

Should be posted in “the stupidest things my wife said” probably.

Anyway, when we use our in winter when it’s cold it freezes over and needs a whole day to melt the ice down when turned off.

[quote=“belgian pie”]

Anyway, when we use our in winter when it’s cold it freezes over and needs a whole day to melt the ice down when turned off.[/quote]

Mine does not have that peoblem. You might want to replace it, as the thermostat could be broken.

Honestly, in bedrooms, I prefer to turn it down to a relatively low level, as it gets bone dry, and I wake up with dry mouth and nostrils… Not good… Or was that when I drink???