Hydroponic farm

Is there a place in Taichung (or a order online locally) where I could buy the nutrient mix. I think I’d like to give hydroponics a try.

Thanks

[quote=“bentster”]Is there a place in Taichung (or a order online locally) where I could buy the nutrient mix. I think I’d like to give hydroponics a try.

Thanks[/quote]
That was my question… Was wondering the same thing. Very interested in starting a small setup as a hobby, but no idea where to get the nutrient mix…

From what I understand you’d pretty much have to go to a chemistry supply shop and buy the chemicals and mix them according to a hydroponic nute mix from the internet. I’ll try to swing by the hydroponic farm in Changhua county and ask him where he buys his nutes. This weekend is unfortunately bad though.

Aren’t hydroponic nutrients plant species specific?

[quote]Aren’t hydroponic nutrients plant species specific?[/quote]From what I’ve read in general as long as you have the right Ph of 5.5-6.5 the plants take what they want and leave the rest. It’s just a matter of changing water and nutes regularly.

Some nute mixes do help certain stages such as blooming or growth but that’s more marijuana specific where lost product can cost you hundreds of dollars per square meter. :astonished: So you would of course be more picky about such a set up(nutes, CO2, Lighting, ventilation). While hydroponic marijuana growers might slip in a few vegetables into their home set up for fun, :lick: you would never see that same set up used for only vegetables as it would be too cost prohibitive for anyone but the super rich. :loco: