I am famous?!

News to me, but it appears that I am famous. At least in town here.

I gave this guy my card today and he looked at it, eyes opened wide, read my name out loud and said “you’re famous around here.”

He was a local teacher from another school and said that “everyone” knows who I am. Shite, news to me. I was left wondering what this guy wanted, I assumed, by the g/f in tow, that he wasn’t gay. So, how on earth did I move from handsome lad about town and general long term resident to famous enough to have people stare at my name card like that.

Perhaps I should take the naked girl off my name card. (just kidding).

What an ass kisser.

Its fun at first, but you soon get used to it. He didn’t ask you for money?

No, he didn’t ask for money. He did want me to supply a teacher for another school though.

Ass kisser.

I’m famous in my area too, dude. :sunglasses:

although it may not be for good reasons

See what a “dude” chop gets you? International fame and notoriety!

(psst…anyone want a “dude” chop"?)

So what is your name that you are famous. Maybe I know you.

Dude, I’ll have one. :wink:

Oh yeah? Well, I was recently mistaken for a Filipina movie star. :laughing:

That bald guy with the pony tail who did all the old Hess training videos apparently used to get stopped on the street all the time by grinning Chinese Hess teachers. “Oooh you’re that man off the training videos!” Giggle, squirm.
He must have felt famous.

============ i reckon fame is relative bassman. if you not known by at least 800,000 people u aint famous. i know you is alot different than you’re famous.

==============but whateverm,it’s better than being infamous like Chocolato the expired expat.

===============I think fame is a trap. watch yr back.

I’ve never heard of you, and niether has anyone else I’ve asked.

Bassman,

You don’t want to be famous. Be invisible…sit at the back of the bar…tell people you are an English teach, not a boss…that way people won’t fuck with you or your family…believe me, I know.

[quote=“Durins Bane”]Bassman,

You don’t want to be famous. Be invisible…sit at the back of the bar…tell people you are an English teach, not a boss…that way people won’t fuck with you or your family…believe me, I know.[/quote]

“I am the invisible man, the invisible man…”

You must be - you keep telling us that you are! :laughing:

I often get stared at and confused for Huang Qiu Sheng… but that’s a different thing. Any body who speaks mandarin halfway decently (puts you miles ahead of most foriegners), has spent a long time in the same area, job, home, etc. is going to be talked about and “famous”, its like being the only exchange student in highschool. Everybody knows about you. Like Sandman says get used to it, and enjoy it while you can. It can become a burden later.

Chou

I’m still waiting for you to tell me your name so I can determine if I have heard of you.

His real name is Boss Hogg

That’s right - Boss Hogg.

Heard of me?

True. I’ve lived or worked in this area for years now. I’ve taught probably about 300 children who live in this area. Most of their parents know who I am. I frequent the sameshops and restaurants. A couple of weeks ago, I went in to the veggie buffet to hear a woman I’d never seen before telling the boss what my parents looked like (she’d seen them when she dropped off my old workmate, her sister, at my wedding a year and a half ago). Makes me wary of doing ‘bad’ things like shouting at (or giving the finger to) bad drivers, or even smoking on the streets.

Brin

Now that you’re famous are you gonna start spreading the money around? Don’t want people to think you are a cheap famous person…