I am GEEEEEK ! Video Game thread

What do you think its the greatest game of all !?

for NES

1. Super Mario Brothers
  2. Legend of Zelda
  3. Contra

for SNES

1.Final Fatasy 3- 4
2.Super Marioland
3.NHL 96

for Playstation

1. Final Fantasy 7
  2. Bushido Blade 1-2
  3. Resident Evil 2

For PS2

1. Final Fatasy X-XII
  2. The Godfather Game
  3. GT4

For Xbox360

1.Forza 2
2.Halo 3
3.NHL 08

For PC

1. Fallout 1-2
  2. Superpower 2
  3. Starcraft / AOE 2

There am i geeky enough yet !? ---------------

If i missed some system thats because i never own them.

How can you talk about PC games and not mention The Sims or The Sims 2? You are not a true geek until you spend your freetime translating Simlish to write subtitles for the machinima soap opera series you have been creating with your PC game.

Ha, ha! I have just pwned your video game geekery!

And to make sure you stay down, meet my little friend…

I have only one game for you. Civ. 1-5 its the best!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilizati … er_game%29

[quote=“Chicken”]I have only one game for you. Civ. 1-5 its the best!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilizati … er_game%29[/quote]

Have you play superpower series ? its a rare game not very popular.
But if you like country running, budget managing, war starting, nuke launching, new weapon/ technology creating. you should try this game…its grreeeeeeeeeat !

Blarg! I deleted all my custom content and more importantly, my video segments and characters from my machinima soap opera when I had to reinstall the latest Sims 2 expansion. The 1st and 3rd episodes were ready for publishing except for the subtitles… which means they weren’t published… which means the files they were made of are el gone-dido. Months of hard work, hours of video footage, and 5 GB of custom content all go flush… :cry:

Any of the final fantasies will force me to disappear for weeks.

Sega Megadrive/Genesis:
Mig-29
Cannon Fodder (Infinite lives hack: MGFJH - my initials)
Populous 2

Although i enjoy most of Final Fantasy games.

FF9 is dreadful…

7 and 10 is the best in my book

What about Phantasy Star on Genesis/Megadrive? I was an RPG geek before I even knew what RPG was.

Slowly but surely I am recovering the downloadable files for The Sims 2, but I just don’t have the drive to remake my own custom content, let alone do more machinima right now. I’m not even downloading the hacks, just merely using the in-game cheat codes like a low-grade peasant. Even worse, my simophilic junior high student bought the latest ep before I did. And I bet he didn’t delete his files in the process of installing it. :frowning:

Here is a list
Single player FPS: Half Life
Multiplayer FPS: Counter Strike / Battlefield 1942
Strategy~RTS: Rome Total War
RTS: undecided
RPG: Baldur’s Gate / Neverwinter Nights

[quote=“Tyc00n”]Here is a list
Single player FPS: Half Life
Multiplayer FPS: Counter Strike / Battlefield 1942
Strategy~RTS: Rome Total War
RTS: undecided
RPG: Baldur’s Gate / Neverwinter Nights[/quote]

ahh Baldur’s Gate, thats a good game.
have you tried Fallout seriese? same company that made BG.

PS2: Winning eleven/ Pro-evolution soccer. Medal of honour. Metal Gear solid. Brian Lara cricket. Vice City. Tekken 4.

Legend of Zelda was the best game on the SNES, though Street Fighter 2 was pretty shit hot. As was Mario Kart.

[quote=“TomHill”]PS2: Winning eleven/ Pro-evolution soccer. Medal of honour. Metal Gear solid. Brian Lara cricket. Vice City. Tekken 4.

Legend of Zelda was the best game on the SNES, though Street Fighter 2 was pretty shit hot. As was Mario Kart.[/quote]

For a while, Mario Kart was the best game, but after beating it around 1000 times it just got too easy.

anyone know where I can get sf4 for ps3? seems like all the stores are all sold out, anyone can help me out? preferably in/near Kaohsiung area, thanks a lot

Arcade:

Street Fighter
1942/1943
Hard Driving

Arcade : Metal Slug, Splatterhouse
Amiga 500 (didnt have any 8 bit consoles) : Rick Dangerous, Populous, Another World
SNES : Rock and Roll Racing, Super Mario World, Zelda
Megadrive : ToeJam & Earl, Earthworm Jim, Sonic 1 - 3
Sega Saturn : Daytona!
PS1 : FF7 definitely… What an epic experience. Tried to play it again recently and it’s rubbish! Resident Evil
Gamecube : Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil 4
Dreamcast : Too many to mention here… DC was awesome :slight_smile:
PS2 : Zone of Enders, God of War 1 & 2, Okami, Sly Racoon
Xbox : Beyond Good & Evil, Halo 1, Knights of the Old Republic
Xbox 360 : Crackdown, Gears of War 1 & 2, Saints Row 1 & 2
PS3 : Uncharted, Resistance, Ratchet & Clank, Killzone 2 (looks awesome!)

Yeah… I like games :blush:

FFX is my favorite ever. Loved all the Haloes. Really enjoyed Bioshock. Have been struggling to get into Prey, Dead Space and Fallout 2 recently.