I am so fucking pissed off!

Since last Thursday I have been taking care of Ditch Kitty. I deflead her, cleaned her up, gave her a chance to come in out of the cold, fed her, gave her attention. I was even able to get her a foster home, and was going to take her to the vet this morning before handing her over later today.

My taking care of her did not go un-noticed by some of the neighbours. Yesterday, when I came home from work, I noticed a freshly opened tin of fish sitting on the ground next to the rice sack she’s been using as a bed.

This morning I went outside to get her, and she’s gone. Brilliant. Just fucking brilliant. The cat’s been living outside my door for 5 days with nobody giving a rat’s ass, and suddenly, the day I’m taking her to the vet and a new home, some idiot decides they have to take care of her.

So Ditch kitty is nowhere to be found?!
From the pictures, her eyes look inftected. I hope whoever have her now can take her to the vet and get her deworm and other check ups.
Well, I hope Ditch Kitty is still around somewhere.
I’ll contact the foster not to come to pick her up.
Thanks for trying to ger this poor kitty a good home.

Ditch Kitty has left the building. She is very sick. She is terribly congested, the last time I saw her she had a tremendous amout of discharge coming from her nostrils. She shows no interest in her surroundings, and, yes, both her eyes are infected. Sleep and cry are all I’ve seen her do since last Thursday.

I’ll be very happy for her if she has a new home with someone who will look after her, but I feel this is just a case of monkey see, monkey do. She lived outside my door for five days with no one bothering about her, other than the neighbour kids, and then only to torment the poor thing.

Thanks for all your help, Minou. Please be sure to thank the foster mom on my behalf.

I will tell her that.
Fingers crossed, I hope Ditch Kitty is taken care of.
Well, thanks for trying to get her adopted.

Sorry to hear that. There was no way she could have lived inside your door? With her eyes gunked up she would have been prey to many things, including the dogcatchers, especially if your neighbours complained about the unhealthy looking kitty outside.

No offense to you, Dr., but I would strongly recommend to anyone who finds a young kitten in such a state to get it to a vet immediately and keep it somehwere safe and warm.

Dr_Zoidberg, we have lost kittens before, so I am merely speaking from experience. We try our best and learn from our mistakes, but we keep trying. If we do nothing, the animals have no hope; doing something at least gives them a chance. I hope you keep up the good efforts.

Sean

Thats very sad, but I am glad to hear you were kind enough to try and help her out. It is possible that she was too sick to make it and might have gone off to die, I know that is a sad senerio, but she sounded very sick. That sort of happened to me when I went to go rescue a dog from a park. I had seen the pup the night before and he was very sick, when I came back all his brothers and sisters were there, but he was gone. I think he must have died. I too hope your kitty found a good home and I applaud you for all your efforts :bravo:

You did what you thought was right. That’s far better than doing nothing in my book and I understand your frustration.

About a year ago, I rescued a kitten in Kenting. She had her mom there and a few other brothers and sisters but she was the runt and she kept crying and coming to us as we were sitting at Amy’s restaurant for breakfast. I put her in a box and on the way home I stopped to buy some food and feed her. I stopped on the side of the road next to the forest and put the can of food down on the ground and she almost ate the whole thing. As she was almost finished, she bolted into the forest and we never managed to catch her. We looked around for a solid two hours. I was devastated because instead of helping her, I ended up taking her away from her mother and losing her in the forest. :frowning: Just thinking about it upsets me, it was such a sad day because her chance of surviving in the forest alone were next to nothing.

Shit happens. :idunno:

bobepine