'I am Taiwanese' Czech speaker tells parliament, likely to rile China

Balls of steel and a real spine.

I will put Prague in my next city to visit and spend some money there.

14 Likes

Legislators and local leaders technically don’t conduct foreign policy. China’s so dumb for constantly bringing attention to these things, blowing then out of proportion. #rentfree

1 Like

Hope more countries have the balls to follow suit and roll on!

2 Likes

Czech republic also has permissive gun laws compared to tge rest of the EU

Awesome

The XiU won’t be pleased with him rocking the boat.

Yeah, and unlike most of Europe and the world, they speak Czech.

He reportedly said it in Mandarin. See if there’s a video.

1 Like

Mayor of Prague wrote this to China. This man is my hero. This is the most savage letter I’ve ever seen written in foreign affairs.

Addressed to: Comrade Wang, minister of foreign affairs People’s Republic China etc

Calling for immediate apology for threats against Czech Republic.

Esteemed,

this was the last time you opened your mouth about CR! Your behavior have substantially crossed the lines of what is diplomatically acceptable. You dare to threaten senate chairman with pay heavy price, you unmannered rude clowns!

Now listen to me, comrade minister. PRC will apologize asap for the shameless threat. And when I say asap, I mean right now! I want to have it in 24 hours on the table of Czech foreign minister. Btw, he agrees with me, but has to keep his mouth shut because of pact of not very sane mercenary Miloơ Zeman with our premier, co-conspirator Babiơ. But that doesn’t mean you will bully us like this.

Be ashamed and acknowledge that in future even a tone which would implicate threat towards representatives of our sovereign country I will make you pay a heavy price for bullying, and you won’t like it. You will not train us from position of strength and I warn you that reaction from our side will be same even if you had invested 14x more than our friends from Taiwan instead of 14x less.

Wake up. You will not shit on us. Do not let this to be repeated.

Send me the copy of the apology on email, so I can put it in archives and forget your pathetic diplomatic fuck up you have just made. Don’t piss me off.

With pretending regards.

Pavel NovotnĂœ, mayor of Prague-Ƙeporyje

8 Likes

That looks like bullshit. Poorly written, very agressive, threatening and no source
would be great if true, but doesnt seem likely.

Do you think Taiwan should have more permissive gun laws so that an invasion will be very nasty to the invaders? Imagine a rifle behind every scooter

Its legit. As for poorly written, it’s a translation so make of that what you will. Threatening? do you know what this was actually in response to?

1 Like

I actually think Taiwan should. I know people will disagree but it’s one of the countries that have a legit argument for civilians having arms to prevent a tyrannical government.

2 Likes

It’s true and translated. This is a response to China saying they will make the Czech Republic pay for visiting Taiwan.

I don’t know any Czech people, but my opinion of them has just shot up. These people don’t accept bullies and are willing to push back.

3 Likes

Yea I realize there will be spousal arguments and perhaps the occasional mass shootings, but fact is bad guys always had guns, so giving everyone else guns is probably not going to change anything.

And even then it’s a small price to pay compared to China annexing Taiwan by force.

Not to mention all the factories making gun parts for governments? They just got a huge market that just opened up.

In theory, wouldnt conscription be most useful if they just taught everyone how to use a gun during that time instead of the BS they do now.

1 Like

Hmmm
 The mayor of Prague is the Pirate Zdeněk Hƙib. Used to live in Taiwan for a while, and showed a lot of balls towards china. This seems to be from a sub-mayor
 If that’s a word.

Still, great rant. The Czech government unfortunately seems pro-china, but seems like some lower cohorts (like the Prague primator / mayor and others) are squarely on Taiwan side. Velmy dobre / great!

1 Like

I do, and find them upright and proud people. They suffered immensely during the last century from the nazis as well as communist ussr.
To the memory of Jan Palach.

2 Likes

Don’t they already teach them to use a gun during the military? I mean it’s not super complicated, and they can always do regular æ•™ćŹ if they have to

Not really. They shoot like a few times during conscription. I don’t even think enlisted people practice all that much either.