I bought a teana

In a random moment of madness i bought a 2006 Nissan teana 3.5 ex… :eh:

I have secretly always liked the teanas in japan, they had a sportier look than the local taiwanese version with the sports kit and larger wheels and obviously the detuned 350z engine.
Problem was all the taiwan models were 2.0 or 2.3, had the lower specs and were without the bodykit,wheels etc.

But i found one with the same parts as the japanese version, it has the factory bodykit, wheels, pearl white colour (my fav colour in the world) all the interior upgrades and best of all… the Vq35 engine mated to the NON cvt gearbox :discodance:

It was in taichung being sold by a rather upmarket car dealer, the guy traded it in for a porsche truck, i took the VIN and plate number drove down to nissan and had them pump it into the computer, the last service was 2 months ago and the last milage matched up with its present milage (only 34k) its had one owner and been serviced on time everytime.
Only faults were a steering pipe replacement.

I then took it to my local tuner today and had the car checked out inside and out, not a single ding, no evidence of flooding or accidents, only fault was the rear pads are a bit worn, tyres are halfway through their life and the rear monitors (it has a pair hooked up) arent connected to the front screen so arent displaying.

The lcd display has satnav, a similar menu to the bmw idrive, tv and dvd… oh and a reversing camera.
seats are electric and work, as does the massaging feature.
gearbox changes cleanly in all gears, power is pretty brutal and pulls to 100 with 3 people in the car in around 7 seconds, engine is silent, brakes are sharp, the traction control switch works as does the power mode (more aggresive gear changes)
only thing is it handles like a boat, most likely due to the tyres being sonar low noise shite.

i bought her for 460k on the road, no hidden charges or extras :smiley:
Pick her up in a day or 2, number plate isn’t bad either.

I was planning on installing my HKS F-CON ecu and advancing the ignition to bump the power back to 350z levels, but 240bhp with instant torque is enough in town i think, perhaps the extra 40bhp wont be so noticeable… we’ll see.
Oh and im researching online to find out how to get the 350z noise, theres an front Y pipe you can buy that apprently does this…

Anyway take a look at the pics, its really a lovely car and it stands out from all the other teanas on the road

Sounds like a great deal and a good buy. Car looks nice too. But yes, gotta have that great 350z SOUND man.

Exactly, its a waste of the VQ35 if it doesnt have that sound, the engine is 100% the same, just ecu and gearbox and obviously its rotated 90 degrees for fwd… still the noise will be the same if i get the right pipework.

Well, a 350 @460k with 34,000km sounds great. Congrats! It looks sweet.

Same with the Maxima in the USA. Its got the same great 3.5 engine from the 350Z but NO 350Z SOUND. And that to me made me not desire that car anymore (the Maxima).

Good buy dude…never seen any Teanas with this powertrain and trim before. All I know is that these cars have always scored low on my list of cool cars to buy in Taiwan (very low) due to the CVT and soft engine choices…and not to mention the fake luxury trim the Taiwan market always imposes on mid sized sedans…

I look forward to see this machine…

P.S My mom has an '08 Maxima with the 3.5 engine and it pulls really well…but sure as hell doesn’t sound like a ‘Z’.

Yes for sure, imagine how many more Maximas they wouldve sold if it had the 350z SOUND> I think Nissan missed a HUGE opportunity.

Very good price. Drove one before and no engine sound until 3500rpm. Acceleration is not bad at all, i didn’t time it but 6.5 - 7 sec. sounds right

I don’t think there are that rare. I’ve seen a few around with 350EX badges on.

Of course, they could be regular 2.0 or 2.3 versions with the badges swapped. :unamused:

Anyway, looks like a nice ride. Low-key. Now to get that exhaust modified and put some better rubber on it. ‘Sonar’? WTF?

By the way i can not see any images. Are they removed?

I can see the images.

same as my 2.4 camry and I still can’t get use to it even after 4 months driving it…should have bought a vw passat! :frowning:…oh well but at least wife and baby girl are happy at the back…the back seat is huge!

The latest Teana is a sweet looking beast. Seen a few 'round town…

http://images.maxabout.com/images/cars/nissan/new-teana/image-1927579

Looks nice but they gotta get that 350z SOUNDDDDD

thanks guys.
the engine sound thing does bother me, its the exact same bloody engine, i know this as the maxima (same car different trim,suspension) has been dissected and compared to the 1st gen 350z engine and it was exactly the same only the block has different mounts (obviously for FWD and RWD).
the cvt gearbox is horrible, thats why i got the 06 with the 4 speed slushbox, i hate slushboxes but its alot better than feeling as if the clutch is slipping all the time!.
since the disgusting face lift came out a few months ago the price of the old model teanas has just dropped like a rock, me and the wife cant believe that a 1.4million car can be worth 460k after 3 years and 1 owner… thats only 33% of its original value!.

Im a little worried about the exhaust system, the engine makes stonking torque, quite a bit more before 4,000rpm than the 350z/g35 does.
By changing to a aftermarket system i might lose some of that torque… any opinions?

As for tyres, i have been stuck here before, the size is 215/55/17, you cant get decent sports rubber in this size can you?

tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction … u=evin0311

hmm maybe u should re-sell it here in taipei…this early 2007 with 40k km is selling for $628K! less the dealer’s profit of $50-70K, then the dealer probably bought the car for $550k. you can make +/-$70k profit :smiley: …btw, it was $1.3m new

[quote=“StreetSpec”]http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/d42803529?u=evin0311

hmm maybe u should re-sell it here in taipei…this early 2007 with 40k km is selling for $628K! less the dealer’s profit of $50-70K, then the dealer probably bought the car for $550k. you can make +/-$70k profit :smiley: …btw, it was $1.3m new[/quote]

lol and the guy is a liar too!.
its an 06 as the 07’s had a CVT gearbox which had a manual control gate on the shifter… which this car does not have!.
unless the cvts came in on mid 07’s… but all the 07’s i have seen have always had the CVT gearbox.

but reselling might be an idea, i sold my suzuki swift (which before hand was turbo’d amongst other mods) 6 months after i bought it for 20k more than i payed for it :smiley:

I like the taiwan car market sometimes :discodance:

[quote=“smellybumlove”]thanks guys.
the engine sound thing does bother me, its the exact same bloody engine, I know this as the maxima (same car different trim,suspension) has been dissected and compared to the 1st gen 350z engine and it was exactly the same only the block has different mounts (obviously for FWD and RWD).
the cvt gearbox is horrible, thats why i got the 06 with the 4 speed slushbox, i hate slushboxes but its alot better than feeling as if the clutch is slipping all the time!.
since the disgusting face lift came out a few months ago the price of the old model teanas has just dropped like a rock, me and the wife cant believe that a 1.4million car can be worth 460k after 3 years and 1 owner… thats only 33% of its original value!.

Im a little worried about the exhaust system, the engine makes stonking torque, quite a bit more before 4,000rpm than the 350z/g35 does.
By changing to a aftermarket system I might lose some of that torque… any opinions?

As for tyres, I have been stuck here before, the size is 215/55/17, you cant get decent sports rubber in this size can you?[/quote]

tough for tires…you might find something decent in 205/50/17 or 215/45/17…although you’d end up with an inaccurate speedo…and maybe fitment issues on the stock wheels…

i found probably the best all round tyres:

tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b47844025

RE001

very good high speed tyre with high stability, might cure that floating feeling from those sonars…

you know the sonars cost 3400nt each and the RE001’s cost 3900nt each… you think he might of spent the extra!.

If i am not wrong Yokohama, Bridgestone - RE001 ($3750), Maxxis, Michelin (MXV4), Pirelli P7 have the size of tire you are looking for