I don't care about Tarantino, this is just a stupid joke

The old “when did Pacino and De Niro stop caring” question. I think early 80s for Pacino and around 2000 for De Niro.

2 Likes

I disagree about Pacino. He was great in the Irishman. But then there’s Gigli…

There’s been the occasional oasis. In general, since Scarface he’s just been a bit shouty in his roles.

HOW DARE YOU?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Um, OK, maybe it’s a justified comment.

EDIT: I’ve used The Godfather in my university classes a few times. Very few students will have ever seen it. Occasionally someone will recognize Pacino - but they’ll be very confused. “Is that … Al Pacino? … but he’s good-looking … and he’s quiet … I don’t understand.”

1 Like

Scarface has Oliver Stone written all over it. One idea repeated again and again for three hours.

I still enjoy it, though. Particularly the ridiculous shoot out at the end.

Never watched that one. Django is the only Tarantino I’d recommend to anyone.

Don’t like him, he got very crazy eyes.

Have to watch it again. So ridiculous:

In that scene, it was Tarantino’s hands @ 0:45, he wanted the scene to look real and she almost collapsed.
This guy is insane.

Diane Kruger supports Tarantino, but you are right. It is seriously dangerous choking someone. Very weird, as well.

1 Like

That was excellent.

1 Like

It’s also interesting that Tarantino justified doing it by saying that he would be better at doing it. How did he learn?

the end was good but it doesn’t justify the rest of the movie being a wank fest.

and jackie brown is good for sure, but pulp fiction definitely is his best movie. all his movies before kill bill are great though. kill bill is still pretty good. the movies after that are of varying quality.

tarantino always talks about making 10 movies because he doesn’t want to compromise his legacy by continuing past his sell by date but that has already happened a while ago…

1 Like

I loved it. Went and saw it twice! First movie I saw in the theater since Avatar lol. When I read about it, I said “I need to see this”, kind of like when I read about Pulp Fiction. I forgot it was about Manson when I saw it, which was kind of a trip. PF is in my top 5 all time, liked Reservoir Dogs which I saw after, liked Jackie Brown, liked these ones with Waltz. Still have to see Hateful Eight.

2 Likes

I love Meet the Parents/Fochers.
In also love most of the movies talked about in this thread, but nothing from Tarantino has lived up to Pulp Fiction, which I watch at least once a year.

Haven’t seen OUaTiH yet… thanks for reminding me.

2 Likes

:open_mouth: :hushed: :astonished: :dizzy_face:

You didn’t like those?

1 Like

I can understand how people might not like Tarantino’s movies, but it’s very hard to argue that they aren’t good. The way he controlled Pulp Fiction was brilliant. Can any of his detractors think of another movie where the plot was so cleverly handled?

3 Likes

I hate Ben Stiller in most movies (except Tropic Thunder and There’s Something About Mary).

2 Likes

I almost always love him. Maybe a NY thing

1 Like