I don't like Hotpot

Because they care about sentient animals?

I doubt that is their motivation.

Guy

2 Likes

In which case maybe they prefer cabbage, rice, and watermelon.

Watermelon hotpot. I feel a business plan coming on. Cold hotpot. A bowl of iced water people dip fruit into.

I like eating hot pot, but I donā€™t like having to cook food for myself at a restaurant

Itā€™s sociable and fun, but basically just an overpriced DIY stew. The pork broth really isnā€™t that tasty and I could knock up a stock at home that would be far more flavorful.

This is strange for me. My dad grew up very poor and had to eat fast against his 3 other siblings with limited food. So he always eats so fast with us and I learned this habit as well. We talk before the food comes, and then after. During, we focus on eating lol. Itā€™s a hard habit to break in Italy where the meals last 3-5 hours when eating with other people.

2 Likes

This buggers me up. I cook the seafood too fast and get the two bob bits.

i donā€™t like most of the small ones. they put all the food in the pot already. 90% cabbage those ones.

cash city is decent and shi er guo is pretty good. you gotta make sure to make the sha cha sauce in those places. sha cha, soy sauce, spring onions and whatever else you like. canā€™t go wrong with that sauce and some boiled meat.

the more expensive places can be really good. the ma la huo guo brand is amazing. sukiyaki hot pot is great too. i even had a new thai style hot pot recently that was awesome.

taiwanese have a serious phone addiction problem. i would agree that its not that fun when the whole group has their face stuck in their phone.

1 Like

BHL knows his hotpot.
Cash city was a recent revelation , could not understand why it was so popular , always queues out the door for a big standard looking place then tried it , really decent for the price.
Family hotpot is fun :grin:
There are some really good hotpot places out there you just need to keep an open mind .

1 Like

I love hot pot. Mongolian, Beijing, Chongqing, Sichuanā€¦I love them. The Taiwan, Shanghai, and Hong Kong styles (and the Japan and Korea styles) arenā€™t nearly as good, but I even enjoy them.

1 Like