I don't remember the last time I wore long pants/trousers

I’ve lived in Taiwan 6+ years and I dont remember the last time I wore long pants/trousers, not even for work…

Maybe on a hike in a mozzie infested forest a couple of years ago?

Long pants = haram

1 Like

Or they could just be full of shit?

So you’re posting from Bible Camp in 1964??

Do a bro a solid, would you?
Call my Ma and tell her to quit putting canned friggin tomatoes in EVERYTHING.
Thanks, man.

Not sure who “they” are, but YES. 100%. Definitely.

David Beckham has tattoos. He can play with my children any time he wants.

They could teach him English.

(Disclaimer: I don’t actually have children)

1 Like

I always wear trousers and a button-up shirt to work. Everyone I work with wears the usual long shorts and vest ensemble. I have the feeling they think I’m a bit odd.

At the first school I worked at (Shane) all the male teachers had to wear ties. That was very unpleasant during the summer.

Do you have any dress code for your uni job? At mine, we just have to keep it smart casual. Polo shirt matched with slacks or jeans is good enough.

a) sexism intensifies

b)
2eb

There’s no dress code that I know of, or if there is it’s ignored. Most of the academic staff dress like kindy teachers.

Sounds about the same. Funny that the buxiban teachers have to look more professional than the uni instructors.

It is a bit weird. I choose to dress with a degree of professionalism, but I don’t have a problem with those who don’t. I just wonder how they discipline students. It must be a bit difficult to pull a student up for bad behaviour when you’re wearing flip flops. How can they expect to be taken seriously?

1 Like

Well, even here they draw the line at flip flops. It is a no no.

We have casual Fridays, buyt I am not a fan of jeans,w hich is what most people here wear as casual. Shorts are necessary in summer, sine qua non.

Wait, weren’t you all jumping up and down last year saying that men shouldn’t ever wear shorts in public??
Did you learn your Hypocrisy at Jesus Camp with whatsisname there?

Hey, if they’re good enough for all the amahs…

Wow. Last time I wore a tie was at my senior prom.

Nobody ever looks good in shorts. I’d be OK with men wearing shorts if I didn’t have to see them. There are few things worse than being stuck in a meeting with a load of hairy legs on view. It’s just unpleasant.

Women aren’t quite so bad because they have nice legs, but shorts are still an unattractive attire.

I loathe wearing ties. They are restrictive and don’t seem to serve any purpose.

Shane are a British company and consequently a bit uptight. They also started off in Japan where I guess the English teachers are expected to look more formal.

You wash your mouth out.
Tom-Selleck---Magnum-PI--C10102247

2 Likes

Yes they do. They serve as a marker to show that you’re an obedient cog in the machine. :grin:

1 Like

Coming from the dude who posted this:

1 Like