I don't remember the last time I wore long pants/trousers

Yeah, @Icon would never be able to concentrate on the meeting in a situation like that.

Depends on the legs. :howyoudoin:

Seriously, I meant certain disheaveled looking furriners, especially when accompanied by beautiful, well coifed Taiwanese spouses. The contrast isā€¦ disturbing.

If you are wearing a tank top that has seen better days while showing off stinky hairy pits and wearing shorts with holesā€¦ that is the kind of men -and women, to be fair- that shouldnā€™t be wearing that in public. I can live with blinding Irish tan legs, I can live with Olive Oil legs in guys. Beer tummy and barely holding up track shorts are a fashion no no.

Hope that clears the matter up.

1 Like

Legs cannot be seen under the table. Chests, on the other handā€¦ :heart_eyes:

Ok, I am off to Uniqlo

1 Like

Thatā€™s what the old ā€œdrop the penā€ ruse was invented for.

1 Like

If you fit in Uniqlo sizes here, be my guest. I canā€™t wear their stuff. Not even the socks.

This is no longer the worst thread ever. The Xenophobic Six have managed to turn the conversation to the far safer subject of ā€œShorts on men - are they ever acceptable in publicā€. :notworthy:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a washed up Chav, so I wear track suit bottoms everywhere and think McDonalds is splashing out, is that an issue in Taiwan these days? Maybe I should grow out of it but my crown jewels feel more comfortable in a tracky. People are becoming so sophisticated these days! Yeah and what do his tats have to do with this ?

Uniqlo fits fine, itā€™s just the underwear thatā€™s a bit tight.

Track suit bottom under Taiwanā€™s weather?

download

1 Like

It would only be ironic if I were criticising Shane for being uptight. I wasnā€™t, I was suggesting an explanation. Iā€™m British, too, and quite like uptightness.

1 Like

Nice pick-up line. Iā€™ll have to add that to my repertoire.

A necktie is the western version of the Chinese queue, signifying submission to sumptuary laws. The penalty for non-compliance is banishment from the halls of commerce, rather than execution.

"The Manchu hairstyle signified Han submission to Qing rule, and also aided the Manchu identification of those Han who refused to accept Qing dynasty domination.

The hairstyle was compulsory for all males and the penalty for non-compliance was execution for treason."

Do tell, Chaunceyā€¦:roll:

I wonder if they had clip-ons?

1 Like

yeah? Well itā€™s cold in Mc Donalds :rofl:

Ah finally. Yes I agree tank tops should not be worn with skinny arms. The point of a Tank Top is to show how big your arms are not how thin they are.

Tank tops have a place. ā€¦in the courtyard. At the beach. A simple button shirt on top in public places will keep the look and stay cool.

Had a dear friend that wore white tanks with a flashy print short sleeved on top. he played basketball but arms were not that bulky, so that combo kept him fresh, ready for action, but decent enough for class or public places. he also wore a gold chain and had a chest rug, but as a Latino he had a pass for that.

1 Like

Or one of these even:

2 Likes