I hate liars!

What a sheltered life you lead, sandman.

Local people in Taiwan seem to get off jerking one another around, and we aliens get caught up in it from time to time. That’s why I stay home and plan world domination instead of mixing with them. I admit that I don’t understand the P.B.s (locals). I don’t really want to. I just don’t want to deal with them. When I have to, I do what they say. “Yes, my baas … no my baas”. But after spending some time here, I am really tired of their pissing contests and power struggles and saving face and back-stabbing. So I’ll just bitch about it, and eventually pack my bags and move on to some other place I can complain about . . . like home. :unamused:

you know, i’ve never in my life had a pissing contest. too shy to pee in front of others. and too disgusted to watch others pee in front of me. do you think it’s gross to pee in the shower?

nobody has to stay closed on sunday. i’m merely illustrating that you don’t have to do “anything you can to make a buck” and STILL make a buck. values won’t kill your business. it enhances it. it builds street cred that you are a stand up guy.

i hate self-righteous foreigners!!!

Thrydrail, aren’t you an Arkansas girl who hasn’t so far yet actually been in Taiwan yet? So can you please try to withhold your judgement before you have actually encountered genuine Taiwanese culture within Taiwan?

If there’s on thing I hate, it’s self-righteous PC Americans who have no clue about the culture they’re trying to defend. You have precisely 0% experience with genuine Taiwanese culture as it is practiced in Taiwan today. You haven’t set outside of Little Rock into Taipei, have you? Yes no yes no? So what do you know? It’s an extremely American trait to shoot your mouth about subjects you have no clue about. Thank you for proving just how American - not Taiwanese - you are with your constant blathering on about your ignorant opinions.

i’ve been to taiwan, i’ve never been to arkansas. who’d want to live there??? :noway:

Sorry, I thought when you introduced yourself you claimed to be from the UofA, so I must have confused you with another poster.

when you’ve been cheated by the locals, then talk. nobody who’s been at the end of a beserk taiwanese with a bat can be a taiwan sympathizer. taiwanese will make you ALMOST become anti- chinese. i said almost.

the only thing that stops me from being a racist is my REASON and faith. i am a reasonable person and a man who believes that we are ALL God’s children. racism is unreasonable and unjust, so i do not subscribe to it. all TWese do not fall under the category of “yellow trash” just like all white people do not fall under the category of “white trash”. does yellow trash exist? it most certainly does. denying it won’t help.

Hmm. I think you meant not all Taiwanese fall under the category of “yellow trash”, not all Taiwanese do not fall under the category of “white trash”. The two sentences have very different meanings. :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing:

Sorry, Q. But, that was funny.

You should try it. It is liberating, especially if you can write your name. It’s righteous! Not self-righteous, but righteous anyway.

This post could probably apply to quite a few threads that bitch about Taiwan but has anybody considered the problem might be you? The majority of the white foreigners that come over here are trash. Your trailer has been replaced by a cement slab on the 4th floor with no elevator. Your job down at the “wash & go” has changed to “Sesame Street Buxiban”. Your drug & alcohol intake is the same if not much more now. Inter personal skills……well they had much to be desired back home and now you are in a place that’s culture is not the same and they speak a different language. What exactly were you expecting it to be like?

If you really want to live overseas I suggest going back to your home country, obtain an actual skill and then try to find a company that will take you on. If you can manage to get that far I’m sure your experiences in places like Taiwan will be more enjoyable.

[quote=“purple people eaters”]This post could probably apply to quite a few threads that bitch about Taiwan but has anybody considered the problem might be you? The majority of the white foreigners that come over here are trash. Your trailer has been replaced by a cement slab on the 4th floor with no elevator. Your job down at the “wash & go” has changed to “Sesame Street Buxiban”. Your drug & alcohol intake is the same if not much more now. Inter personal skills……well they had much to be desired back home and now you are in a place that’s culture is not the same and they speak a different language. What exactly were you expecting it to be like?

If you really want to live overseas I suggest going back to your home country, obtain an actual skill and then try to find a company that will take you on. If you can manage to get that far I’m sure your experiences in places like Taiwan will be more enjoyable.[/quote]

Really ? I thought most foreigners here were pseudo intellectual republican haters. And what about the black and yellow foreigners here are they trash too ?
I wish there was more white trash here I might have someone to talk to

p.s.
Most trailers in the USA are a third bigger than the size of an apartment in Taipei city!

plus trailers have better toilets! i don’t have mercy on taiwan’s deficiencies for a reason:

aren’t the Chinese supposed to be superior and all that? don’t they have 5000 years of over us? then they should be a able to make a far better country than us foriegn devils could ever think about.

but they haven’t.

taiwan goes on forever about how their problems are “jiao yu de wun ti”.but taiwan’s problems are “dzong jiao de wun ti”. democracy is an offshoot of western christianity. transplanting democracy into a culture raised on the selfish belief in multiple gods who serve men is a farce. selfishness will undermine democracy.
you’ll notice that even people with NO BELIEFS are better citizens than your average temple going Daoist.

the reason why singapore is so heavy handed is that traditional chinese culture is so selfish you CAN’T let them do as they want. the environment, the quiet, the economy, will be dominated by them and destroyed. then they move on to greener pastures.

case in point about asian culture being transplanted to the US: property values in one neighborhood dropped from 500,000 to 200,000 after Koreans came in. the whole landscape changed from english signs to hangul in a flash.
in poor neighborhoods, many overcharge people for groceries.

the assimilation rate for Chinese in the US is super low. they even call me lao wai in my own country. and chinatown just keeps getting bigger. it used to be nice to have a chinatown of three strip malls, now the whole damn Bellaire blvd. in houston is owned by ONE chinese real estate company.
the chinese businesses encourage illegal immigration. go in the back of a restaurant and everybody speaks spanish. they pay them chicken feed for 12 hours a day.
i think immigration to the US needs to be stopped for 10 years to allow assimilation. we used to have chinese americans. now we only have chinese living in america.

Why? They make really cool ice buckets

[quote=“purple people eaters”]This post could probably apply to quite a few threads that bitch about Taiwan but has anybody considered the problem might be you? The majority of the white foreigners that come over here are trash. Your trailer has been replaced by a cement slab on the 4th floor with no elevator. Your job down at the “wash & go” has changed to “Sesame Street Buxiban”. Your drug & alcohol intake is the same if not much more now. Inter personal skills……well they had much to be desired back home and now you are in a place that’s culture is not the same and they speak a different language. What exactly were you expecting it to be like?

If you really want to live overseas I suggest going back to your home country, obtain an actual skill and then try to find a company that will take you on. If you can manage to get that far I’m sure your experiences in places like Taiwan will be more enjoyable.[/quote]

Wow what a hateful post. :astonished:

Ja ja immigration really sucks. But I wonder how the real estate prices here are effected if a herd of English teachers moves into your building.

white trash moves in= there goes the neighborhood

yellow trash moves in= there goes the neighborhood

it’s a CLASS problem, not a race problem. you just can’t move into another country and make your own country there and change all the signs. a chinatown is fine. a korea town is fine. a little italy is fine. but they just can’t keep spreading beyond their historical bounds and quaint niches.

monterey park is a travesty. the Tawanese came in and took over. they could have put up their signs in English and had smaller signs in chinese, the way CHINESE AMERICANS used to do. i know a grocery store owner who is 3rd generation chinese american, emphasis on the AMERICAN part. he’s just your average american who happens to be of chinese descent.
nowadays we mostly just have chinese who just live in america and don’t actually try to become americans. racism ain’t that bad. they just don’t want to try.

INS and their fucking “green card for sale” philosophy isn’t helping. i’m sick of INS selling out MY birthright as a born and bred mainstream american. i love “chinese AMERICANS”, it’s “chinese living in america” that i despise.

Try not hating anyone.