I hate spiders

Fckers. Discuss.

It’s the giant foot wide ones we get in Taiwan that I don’t like. The ones with the fangs and huge eyes on stalks that lurk under your bed waiting to grab you when you get up.

Hate them. They’ve all come in from the rain.

Sweetie, make your peace with them.
They’re clean, and they eat the roaches.
It’s a little like living and working with Yanks.
Yes, they’re abhorrent and offensive, but in the long run, they do the job.

I slept in a house filled with tarantullas when I was in Australia 20 years ago. They have never really bothered me too much since then.

Had a monster wolf spider try to land on my head when I was hiking a month ago. Only cause I lost my balance and teetered back did it drop in front of me and not on me.

I do hate the webbing they make here in taiwan. It’s so thick. Hard to get off your face when you walk through a web.

[quote=“Muzha Man”]I slept in a house filled with tarantullas when I was in Australia 20 years ago. They have never really bothered me too much since then.

Had a monster wolf spider try to land on my head when I was hiking a month ago. Only cause I lost my balance and teetered back did it drop in front of me and not on me.

I do hate the webbing they make here in taiwan. It’s so thick. Hard to get off your face when you walk through a web.[/quote]

Mental note: never ever ever go on a hike with MM.

I HATE spiders because they scare the living shit out of me. Had one crawl up my shirt when I was a boy: total and complet freakage.

When I see one, I call my son first to show him how cool it is. Then I call my wife to kill it.

Holy shite, I am never going to Australia.

But I’ve never lived or worked with any Yanks. :runaway:

I think those golden orb spiders (人面蜘蛛) rock.

Here’s a picture of one of those spiders eating a bat.

Can spiders hiss?

I swear I thought I heard one hiss at me once.

[quote=“alidarbac”]I think those golden orb spiders (人面蜘蛛) rock.

Here’s a picture of one of those spiders eating a bat.[/quote]

A few months ago we entered a coal mine entrance with both bats and those golden orb weavers. They’re about the same size.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephila_pilipes

[quote=“Buttercup”]Holy shite, I am never going to Australia.

But I’ve never lived or worked with any Yanks. :runaway:[/quote]

(Courtesy exception for jd the sonburger eater)

Darlin,
Go with the spiders.
At least they can’t phone you.

[quote=“smell the glove”]Can spiders hiss?

I swear I thought I heard one hiss at me once.[/quote]
It’s all in the delivery. If you can get them in the first three minutes you’ll have 'em in the palm of your hand for the rest of the show.

I just don’t like anything with more legs than me.

Mericans are good, wasn’t sayin nuthin, just never had one in the house.

[quote=“smell the glove”]Can spiders hiss?

Work on your timing.
Timing is everything.
Worst case scenario, give him his admission back.
Anyway, comfort yourself in the certainty that he obviously hasn’t read the libretto.
Philstine twat.

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“smell the glove”]Can spiders hiss?

Work on your timing.
Timing is everything.

Anyway, comfort yourself in the certainty that he obviously hasn’t read the libretto.
Philstine twat.[/quote]

Eh-heee! Hee hee heee! Timing indeed! And yours is nine minutes off ya daft bampot. The libretto reference kind of makes up for it a bit though, admittedly.

By the way, I saw the hissing spider in the bathroom.

Probly got shampoo in her eyes.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“smell the glove”]Can spiders hiss?

Work on your timing.
Timing is everything.

Philstine twat.[/quote]

Eh-heee! Hee hee heee! Timing indeed! And yours is nine minutes off ya daft bampot. The libretto reference kind of makes up for it a bit though, admittedly.[/quote]

(sigh)
Mlle Coup de Buerre, you’ve met me mate Snadman, I presume.
Lurvely wee chap, talented and charismatic as all fucksteaks, you know.
A little obvious, but lurvely nonetheless…

Oh, yes. Ohhh yes. What youse talking about?

When I lived in Wanfang we foudn a female spider with a huge sac on her. Just as we tried to catch her to release her outside the sac exploded (yes, exploded) and a couple hundred baby spiders covered every surface of that bathroom. Walls, floors, bathtub, sink, pipes, shampoo bottles, and so on. That was a big job taking those little guys outside one at a time.

Kidding. We sprayed the place down with lysol and then hosed the bastards down the drain. Funny, but when I told my mom about it she cried, pitying the poor mother spider losing such a large brood.

JD. I too was tramautized by spiders when I was little. For some reason my parents thought it was good that I, the youngest, live in the basement room with all the silverfish, mice, daddy long legs, centipedes, slugs, grey things I have never seen anywhere else but look like soldiered bolts, and of course the spiders.

Go to Oz man and sleep in my uncle’s guest house. You’ll never be the same.