I-hate-to-cook Recipes

How about some easy fast and easy things for a quick meal? If your recipe causes someone to use the scroll bar to read it, post it elsewhere. If you want someone to julienne something, you’re in the wrong thread. This is a no couscous zone.

I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

I prefer creamy PB and grape jelly.

Lately I just do peanut butter, because my wife refuses to keep jelly in the fridge. She just leaves it set out. I buy the big jar of crunchy Jiffy from Costco. If you wipe the knife on the bread, you don’t even have to wash it.

Here’s one I did in the States. Boil some eggs. Get some frozen pie crust and a can of red bean paste. Spread the paste on a piece of the pie crust, put an egg yolk on it and wrap it up. Do a bunch of those, put some butter on top, and bake them. Moon cakes!

Scrambled eggs on toast. You can add virtually anything to scrambled eggs and they will taste good. Chopped fresh herbs or mustard are favourites of mine.

If you are feeling adventurous you could try my invention; the “cake shake”. Take some cake. Whizz it up with icecream, milk or both. Drink. Surprisingly good.

Do these recipes need a kitchen ? I’m not sure if I have one of those.
Is that the room with the fridge ?

If so, which one is my bathroom ?

Lazyboy’s Pasta

Get an order of beef noodles from a street vendor. Have them bag the soup and noodles separately. Give the soup to your SO. Open the bag of noodles and throw in a couple handfuls of shredded cheese and a bit of pepper or other seasoning. Close bag and shake until cheese softens or melts. Eat right out of the bag. No washing of dishes required.

That’s good stuff. I should have added that I want to be healthy. So that means low cholesterol and fat and taste and stuff. My favorite kind of noodles from street vendors is gan mian because they don’t have too much water.

Healthy? Oh now you tell us.

The same “Shake 'n Eat” approach can obviously be done by getting a bunch of various types of leafy vegetables and sprouts. Just rinse them and chuck a bit of everything in one of the leftover bags (after rinsing the bag too). No need to cut the vegetables, just rip them up. Pour in a little olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Toss in a dash or two of a single type of spice. Anything works. Shake the bag to toss your salad. Adding a different spice (dill, rosemary, basil, etc.) makes a big difference.

[quote=“elektronisk”]Lazyboy’s Pasta

Get an order of beef noodles from a street vendor. Have them bag the soup and noodles separately. Give the soup to your SO. Open the bag of noodles and throw in a couple handfuls of shredded cheese and a bit of pepper or other seasoning. Close bag and shake until cheese softens or melts. Eat right out of the bag. No washing of dishes required.[/quote]

You’re single I take it? :wink:
:bravo: :bravo:

What…eating out isn’t cheap or easy enough in Taiwan already???

If I get hungry, I got to pry myself off the couch, put on some pants, find my keys, go outside, put on my shoes, put on the kid’s shoes, oh forget it.

Ok, those two were too easy. But if you don’t like to cook, you need to start with easy ones. I love to cook, but usually those who don’t haven’t had successful experiences. Here is a simple dish that is super easy to make and almost impossible to screw up.

Put some oil (vegetable or peanut not olive) in a skillet.
Saut

THis one is yummy, fast, and good for ya. You don’t need plates or a stove, but you do need a toaster oven.

You need:
salmon fillet (as many as ya want)
soy sauce, minced garlic, honey, and white miso paste (all to taste; mix it up into a paste)

Spread the paste on top of the fillet, wrap it in foil, put it in the toaster oven til it’s ready! Maybe ten min… prob more… but ain’t it easy!

Enjoy!

[quote=“Richardm”]Lately I just do peanut butter, because my wife refuses to keep jelly in the fridge. She just leaves it set out. I buy the big jar of crunchy Jiffy from Costco. If you wipe the knife on the bread, you don’t even have to wash it.

[/quote]

peanut butter and tabasco sandwiches rock. problem solved!

Alright, this one’s dead easy and a really helthy protein-packed little snack.

Half a tub or so of low-fat cottage cheese (from Florida Bakery on th corner of Daan and Renai). Put it in a bowl then add you choices of the following: uncooked cashews, diced cucumber, chopped olives, cubed dougan (firm beancurd), cubed firm tomato. Mix.
I sometimes make this and put it in a tupperware container when I’m going to need a diet snackwhen away from home. Low-fat, low-carb, low-GI, high protein and really delicious).

Brian

If you prefer cooked stuff, the best lazy person’s kitchen appliance is the steamer/rice cooker. If it’s big enough, you can steam rice, vegetables and certain types of meat in one go. And of course you can cook more with tier things. You can do other stuff while dinner is steaming, and steaming is the least nutrient-leaching way to cook. The only tricky thing is knowing the different rates at which things cook.

On PB&J: get those jars that have peanut butter AND jelly mixed together already!

I hate cottage cheese too. (There’s really no hope for me is there.) What is it anyway? It’s slimey and white and yucky. bleeeech.

Well the recipe I use generally takes longer, but REQUIRES no cooking, but some Chinese…

Aprimo wrote:

[quote]

[quote=“Interlocutor”]Aprimo wrote:

[quote]