I have a Resident Visa & ARC, if I leave for 6 months it all goes away?

I have read somewhere that if you leave Taiwan for 6 months, you’d have to start all over again for the entire Visa/ARC process… medical checks, everything. Is this true? Is there any way to kind of “check in” without making flights to Taiwan every 5.5 months?

no.

Added:
What is revoked by a 6-month absence is APRC via marriage. And for the APRC, you should be in Taiwan for more than 6 months, so kind of “check in” without making flights to Taiwan every 5.5 months doesn’t help.

What in the world is an “APRC via marriage”?

I’m also curious about this.

I guess @tando meant APRC obtained after staying in Taiwan for 5 years based on JFRV.

I thought those people still needed to meet the other criteria to gain an APRC, such as average salary, real estate/chattel or special skills. Do they now give APRCs based purely on being married to a resident and residing in Taiwan for five years?

I don’t think it’s a new thing, but yes.

It doesn’t read like that.

Ah, okay, thanks! It looks like I’d need to stick around for a couple more years to get the benefits of that permanent status.

people who reside in Taiwan as a spouse of a ROC citizen can use the citizen’s property, skill, talent etc. to meet the financial criterion. And the financial criterion is lower than that for people who reside in Taiwan as foreign professionals.

1 Like