I just met Ma Ying-jeou!

Testiment to the bodyguards my ass. Apparently you didn’t watch the videos of the last attempt. The way I saw it, when shots rang out the First Lady committed the ultimate sacrifice, diving to cover the Pres, taking a bullet in her knee, shattering her dreams of athletic prowess, but ensuring that Freedom lives on in this Emerald Isle. :notworthy: :heart: :salute:

I’ve beaten him in every road race he’s run.

But I will admit that he’s in good shape…in great shape, actually!

I’m also about 20 years younger than he is, so I guess I have an advantage there.

[quote=“Gym Rat”]I’ve beaten him in every road race he’s run.

But I will admit that he’s in good shape…in great shape, actually!

I’m also about 20 years younger than he is, so I guess I have an advantage there.[/quote]
I beat him by over 85 minutes in the two triathlons he’s done, and I blew by him and his entourage climbing a hill on a bike (he rides a Trek, not a Giant) during the new year break - just before he left to badmouth Taiwan in the US - but I’ll still give him some credit.

He’s not a great athlete, but I have been impressed with his willingness to train given all the demands of the photo ops and flesh pressing sessions he has on his schedule. And the bandwagon effect could be credited for increasing the visibility and popularity of triathlon in Taiwan.

Again, most politicians, movie stars, etc etc, have that. I’ve heard several women say that for former President Bill Clinton, the world sort of goes silent and its like you’re having a private conversation with him even though you’re in a crowd.

Lee Tung Hui commands a presence although he is much shorter in real life. Lien Chan? I don’t know I was like 5-6 and similarly young for “Mayor Chen”.