I just saw the saddest sight in the world

You know those big framed wedding photos that people keep in their bedrooms? I just saw one abandoned on the sidewalk in the rain.

Better that than the wife.

People have discovered taste after they’ve done what was required by the relatives?

Really? Thats the saddest sight?

Turn it into a positive. There’s maybe a single MILF out there looking for a rebound :banana:

Sounds like a good sign of someone moving on to better things.

Yes, but it is still sad as things obviously ended badly…

Don’t cry, it’s finally free

Why do you say that? There’s hardly enough evidence to support a failed marriage here. :laughing:

I threw out some of ours. I hope the recycle guy in the blue truck doesn’t think my wife is available! :astonished:

Why do you say that? There’s hardly enough evidence to support a failed marriage here. :laughing:

I threw out some of ours. I hope the recycle guy in the blue truck doesn’t think my wife is available! :astonished:[/quote]

Does your wife know you threw out her wedding photos?! :astonished:

I threw out some of ours. I hope the recycle guy in the blue truck doesn’t think my wife is available! :astonished:[/quote]

Does your wife know you threw out her wedding photos?! :astonished:[/quote]
Well, I didn’t throw them ALL out, just jfc we had dozens of the things and have moved four times since we got married and some were just old and bent up giant stupid themed pictures. We still have the good ones which are framed, albeit giant and stacked in a closet somewhere. :thumbsup:

My first pet, a little Morkie named Hamlet, was run over on Christmas morning. I haven’t smiled or laughed since.

Anyway, we had Hamlet stuffed, and sometimes I take him down off the shelf and pet him as I listen to this song. :cry:

Hahaha… Funny as. :roflmao:

Would that the fetters of marriage could be discarded so easily!

Photos from a day which was supposed to be one of the happiest on your life, the first day of the rest of your life, abandoned on the sidewalk for others to see, is indeed a sad sight. If both husband and wife realised that they had made a mistake in marrying the other, and both moved onto happier and better things then all is well, but you don’t know that was the case, do you ? In any case, what the OP has described is still a really poignant scene.

Without the kitchen knife stabbed through one of the couples head in the photo, there is hardly a reason to bring out the CSIs…

Why?

Sure, Taiwanese “Wedding Photos” are generally horrible, but they’re good for a laugh a few years later…I’d keep them for pure comedic value.

[quote]
Photos from a day which was supposed to be one of the happiest on your life, the first day of the rest of your life, abandoned on the sidewalk for others to see, is indeed a sad sight. If both husband and wife realised that they had made a mistake in marrying the other, and both moved onto happier and better things then all is well, but you don’t know that was the case, do you ? In any case, what the OP has described is still a really poignant scene.[/quote]
that would largely depend on how you view marriage. for some it is like you say. For people like me i was AFR happier the day i met my wife, and the happiest was probably some other day in between. the weeding day itself was awkward, stressful frustrating adn hot as hell, not my happiest day by far.

The wedding photos are a direct result of the wife and the wifes family. If i could i would of far rather gone to thailand for 2 weeks for the same price as those photos cost. We had a family get together in canada (i told the taiwanese family members its the Canadian wedding) and that was a truly special and meaningful day. Only good friend sand family getting together in casual clothes eating, drinking and having a good summers day on teh deck at “moms house”.

if it were my call (granted i am male) i would have my wedding pics out there too. they collect dust, im the one that has to move them and they are ugly as anything…tacky at best. Plus i still haev the digital files if we still want to make copies so its not all lost. But im not even allowed to throw away those cookie boxes we bought for guests…my nuts will be on the stret corner before she lets any wedding photo out there.

im curious though. is this wedding photo thing generally more a race or sex thing? All the guys i have met didnt really get into it, they only said yes to their wives, Taiwanese included…so I’m wondering if this thing is pretty common abroad too?

Not as sad as that vid on youtube bout this cat trying to wake up another cat that just got run over by a car !!

Humans are sentient beings. Divorce is no accident.

Its a major bugabear for the one who wanted to stay in it tho (been there done that)

I wouldn’t have made our wedding photos if I’d had a chance. Like you, I felt we could have had a longer honeymoon, or put the money towards a downpayment on a house. My ex (Taiwanese) husband INSISTED that we had to have them.

Now we’re divorced, but I still have the photos, and I’m glad of it. Well, at least I’m glad for the ones that don’t have him in them. Because the older I get, the more I need the proof that I used to be beautiful! Really! I WAS!! So, it’s just a vanity thing.

Other than my son, my divorce was the best thing to come from my marriage, so getting rid of photos that weren’t even taken on the wedding day doesn’t seem a bit sad to me.