I like Big Mark

I just read the old thread and I would just like to say that Mark is a good guy. I have known him for years. Stayed at the hospital when he had the accident and more. He is a guy who likes to have fun and enjoy life. He knows who he is and doesn’t care whether others like him or not. If you are his friend he is one to you. That is exactly what he presents on tv also.

Some see him as bad and that is their right but if you knew him you would know he really is a good guy. Maybe those that see him as stereotyping foreigners should take a look at themselves and not blame others. We all use the system here a bit and we all hate it a bit. But don’t we also do the same back home? Mark has found his niche and is enjoying it. Maybe we could all learn from him.

Way to go Mark. My son loves your “AXN extreme” thing. He does it all the time and says “I am uncle Mark”. He is soo cute. Now that is the way to take it all, FUN!

I hope this is not deleted or pushed aside. Just wanted to put in a word or two. Let’s make this a topic where we can talk but not get bitter or personal. Thanks for letting me have my say, two bits worth.

Wishful thinking. This topic has been done to death. I don’t believe anything constuctive can come of another thread on the same topic. Unless the topic takes a broader angle, such as “Cultural Relativism, Taiwanese TV, Foreigner stereotypes, and a complete lack of self-obssessed chip-on shoulder-posturing”, then there is nothing more to be gained, and I hope the Mods lock it.

End of story.

We need input from someone unbiased. Ric Flair? Paging Ric Flair…

Before it gets locked…

Mark,

If you’re ever down my way, I’d like to buy you a beer.

The same goes for the Scottie Sax player.

[quote=“Surf”]Maybe those that see him as stereotyping foreigners should take a look at themselves and not blame others.[/quote]Nothing wrong with blaming others when others are to blame though.

That said, I’m glad there are people who like him, whether it’s on TV or in person. I’m certainly not amongst them, and doubt I could ever be swayed, but if you’ve found something that you enjoy in it, good on you.

And don’t worry - this won’t get locked unless the snarky calls at Ric get answered in kind. Happy fluffy threads generally don’t get locked.

Keep it civil or it will be floundered, not locked. Sorry I was so late to catch the flaming in the other thread. Jesus, you really don’t expect that kind of stuff in Culture and History.

Tesuo, if you see something you don’t like, or a rule being violated, notify one of the mod’s in a PM. That’s how we usually know when we should check out a thread. We can’t be everywhere at all times.

[quote=“Tetsuo”]
And don’t worry - this won’t get locked unless the snarky calls at Ric get answered in kind.[/quote]

And vice versa, one would hope.That wisdom cuts both ways. Just because one poster does understand another poster’s point of view, does not justify getting their intelligence or personal tastes insulted for “crimes” of supposed ignorance, cultural relativism, or their love of wrestling or the Grateful dead. etc, etc.

I finally saw Ma Ke in action on TV last weekend, and I must say, he was great! Keep up the good work, man!

Big Mark’s detractors are obviously jealous that they don’t get to see stars with nice bottoms. As for me, I like his little beard.

I’ll post up on this. Especially since Mark told me to yesterday… :unamused: I’ve known him for sometime and can’t say anything bad about him (lol… could but hey. it would just be trash talk). People are always willing to put someone down for doing their thing. He’s always been a good friend to me. Always happy to run into him.

Go Mark, Get er Done!!! :notworthy:

I talked to my grandma Marion in Minnesota tonight,her memory is not so good ,but my aunt Karyn says she always remembers and talks for days about me after I call her.
I told her I had signed a couple autographs and a few people wanted to take pictures with me.She said, “Mark Morris ,you’re a good boy.” My grandma still talks good of me and says I look a lot like our governor,ex-governor that is.
Take care , Mark

I see stars with my nice eyes not my bottom. What kind of ass backward world do you live in?

[quote=“Proto_tw”]People are always willing to put someone down for doing their thing.[/quote]And some people are unwilling to admit that others may have a point. But each to their own - lord knows nothing I say’ll convince you, and nothing you say’ll convince me. But at least I’m honest about it.

[quote=“Muzha Man”]I see stars with my nice eyes not my bottom. What kind of ass backward world do you live in?[/quote]I live in Forumosaland.

You see with your eyes, young grasshopper, but you are blind to the true reality. Learn to see with your bottom and you will see the world as it really is (albeit from lower down). And you can see people coming up behind you. Other people however have mastered the art of speaking with their bottom.

[quote=“Ma Ke”]I talked to my grandma Marion in Minnesota tonight,her memory is not so good ,but my aunt Karyn says she always remembers and talks for days about me after I call her.
I told her I had signed a couple autographs and a few people wanted to take pictures with me.She said, “Mark Morris ,your a good boy.” My grandma still talks good of me and says I look a lot like our governor,ex-governor that is.
Take care , Mark[/quote]

You’re handling this very well.

Make that 2 beers :smiley:

[quote=“Bassman”][quote=“Ma Ke”]I talked to my grandma Marion in Minnesota tonight,her memory is not so good ,but my aunt Karyn says she always remembers and talks for days about me after I call her.
I told her I had signed a couple autographs and a few people wanted to take pictures with me.She said, “Mark Morris ,your a good boy.” My grandma still talks good of me and says I look a lot like our governor,ex-governor that is.
Take care , Mark[/quote]

You’re handling this very well.

Make that 2 beers :smiley:[/quote]

and I will not mistake him with a Taiwan Mando-Pop singer again, or he will get that belly grumbling again.

Sorry again :blush:

I ran into Surf tonight, I treated him to a piece of German pork jerky. It was good to see you, and your children are beautiful. Happy New year, year of the dog. You know where I live, you and your family are always welcome.

I travel a lot, I do not always pay as much attention to my second home as I should (formosa not forumosa). Who the Frag is Big Mark, and why is he so controversial? Clearly this started somewhere les and frankly I do not want to read through the thread (yet), just want a quick and clear understanding. a PM is probably best.

Chou