I met a fantastic Taiwan woman but she drinks, a lot

Every relationship start on fantastic then became relationshit.

6 Likes

You guys must have all the time in the world to be willing to deal with an addict in any capacity. Iā€™d be washing my hands of this nonsense in about half a second. I just think, why, when thereā€™s so many other hotties available who donā€™t have a substance abuse problem?

3 Likes

Every time I see a single girl oh, I just have to think, thereā€™s some guy, somewhere, thatā€™s sick of her shit.

Iā€™m sure it works both ways, women may think the same thing.

4 Likes

This I will do.

She has probably heard it before and knows it.

My advise is donā€™t fall so hard, donā€™t give 100% when you fall in-love.

Not necessarily. She may be surrounded by enablers.

2 Likes

Normally would bail as quick as possible. But there is just this quite special unique connection that I maybe have never had before.

So I am currently working with the situation, but Iā€™m not going in blind.

I donā€™t expect that I can fix someone. Maybe I can help be a part of the fix. I know I cannot do that for someone else.

1 Like

Aha, true true true.

Sheā€™s an alcoholic. It doesnā€™t mean sheā€™s a bad person. If you really like her, you could try to guide her through it and help get her treatment.

I quit adderall and severely cut down on my drinking for my wife. It is possible to change people for the better.

3 Likes

Do you mean when Iā€™m sober or sheā€™s sober or

Let me think about this for a minute over a glass of wine.

I have not yet determined if sheā€™s ever sober. Even when we are texting throughout the day I cannot tell maybe she already had drinks or something I donā€™t know.

1 Like

Even if I didnā€™t know, Iā€™d guess you werenā€™t male from this post :slight_smile: You know those occasions when women moan about being at the mercy of their hormones? Well, men have to deal with that all the time, every minute of the day. Frankly, it sucks.

@tango42 : agree with all of the above, including your own remark about alcohol being the worst drug ever. The problem is that the addiction process is so slow and insidious people can deny that they have a problem right up until the moment theyā€™re hospitalized with advanced liver cirrhosis.

You can lay it on the line and tell her she has a problem thatā€™s a make-or-break issue, but I would suggest also telling her sheā€™s absolutely awesome and the last thing you want to do is walk away because of it. But do bear in mind that even if she kicks the habit, sheā€™ll probably never be able to touch a drink again, or sheā€™ll be at risk of going on a bender.

3 Likes

I just feel like I could marry this woman in a moment. And spend a life together.

Whatā€™s the word for less than rare occurrence like a one-time occurrence.

Iā€™m talking way too much here. Time to phone a friend.

3 Likes

High school crush?

1 Like

What? You can bang an addict at your own risk. Itā€™s stupid, but not as stupid as willingly getting more deeply involved with them.

2 Likes

Not saying itā€™s sensible, logical, or right. Men know when what theyā€™re doing is stupid, illogical, and likely to end in tears. And then they do it anyway. Because itā€™s what we are. We rarely get any credit for making a heroic effort to not act like monkeys.

5 Likes

Just jerk off every time you feel like calling the person you really like but know deep down is bad for you. Duh. Everyone knows that trick.

3 Likes

ęœ¬ę€§é›£ē§»

Like I said ā€¦ youā€™re not male :slight_smile: If only it were that simple ā€¦

Women make shitty relationship choices too, incidentally. But they do it for different reasons.

3 Likes

ē‹—ę”¹äøäŗ†åƒå±Ž

5 Likes

Have you heard of a guy called Fun Bobby?

I think you can always try to let her know the amount and frequency of her consumption is worrying you.

By the way, Iā€™ve heard the way to get someone to change their behavior is by promising them something they value first, and take away a portion of it every time they violate the agreement.

If you know this woman well enough, you can have a no binge drinking fund, say 3,000 NTD per month, and every time she drinks in the morning, or drinks a bottle in one night, you take away 100 NTD. She can get the reminder at the end of every month.

1 Like