I miss Taiwan

Let me know how you enjoy KL. I have a break next week. I’m either going to take a 30min flight to KL or drive over the boarder to Singapore. I feel like even though Singapore is just by me, KL is just much cheaper and bang for the buck.

Careful with the food. Nothing oily and avoid drinking water that’s not bottled.

If you want to grab lunch or dinner if you decide to go to KL let me know.

How long will you be there?

I forgot exactly but I just noticed they have little signs for everything with rules on them. For even the smallest things, so I stopped paying attention. One big change was there was a big brawl over a traffic accident in little India a few years ago and now they have a no public drinking law starting in the evening and into the night as a response even though the issue wasn’t even drinking. Along with massive taxes on alcohol to disincentivize drinking. And my friend bought a drink at 711 and started to drink it, she said can’t drink inside, bring it outside.

All in all its a pretty city but in wouldn’t use fun to describe Singapore.
And customer service? No way. Shopkeepers won’t even look up and then they grunt or say what?? My group of 3 was lambasted by a Chinese restaurant owner at a hawker centre because we couldn’t even walk through without people blocking our way saying eat here eat here. Then we decided on BBQ kebobs and the Chinese restaurant dude said next time say 不用謝謝 and stop wasting my time.

1 Like

No durian hahaha. You see that everywhere.

1 Like

I haven’t booked a return ticket yet , so I’m guessing either Friday or Saturday

Nothing pisses me off more than this. I didn’t know it was like that there. I’ll be sure to cross it off my list now.

I don’t like turning people off a place just on my word alone because maybe I have a face Singaporeans want to punch and you don’t. It’s cheap enough from Taiwan to go and see for yourself.

You will enjoy the green space, the buildings are colorful, the food is amazing. Was still worth a visit. Just don’t expect Taiwan and Japan style of customer service.

1 Like

This definitely jibes with my experience. I found shopkeepers in Singapore to be incredibly rude, almost as bad as Hong Kong.

1 Like

Yup Hong Kong and Korea were neck in neck with how badly they could treat customers .
Somehow they are doing YOU a favour by you shopping there.

Another big thing with Singaporeans are they have no quams calling out people. I’m at the mrt machine to get a ticket, the MRT lady is standing there. The ticket is 2 Singapore dollars, I try to put in a 10… she says no… only 5 and less. OK so where do I get change? You don’t she says, but I can make change… I said ok thank you.
She then proceeds to go on a minute long tirade about how she is doing this personally and she is not a change machine and I should know the rules and don’t do that again…

I wonder if they treat none Koreans this way. In Korea I can usually pass as Korean before opening my mouth with my awful Korean accent.

They’ll do a full bow 90 degree there lol. I’ve never seen that in Taiwan.

It could be.
Korea was hit and miss. I went to a BBQ place and the owner and his family went above and beyond giving me free extra food and insisting to show me how to cook it , to 711 people that couldn’t even bother to quit a video game when I asked a question. I found they weren’t much into customer service either , you want it or not.

But they seem to treat even their own with indifference so it’s not a discriminatory action. If you look online even Koreans say they don’t even like each other.

Oh boy don’t visit Hong Kong then. The kings of surly service in Asia!
Yes sir, sorry for trying to pay you for something sir. :joy:

Update

Don’t live here. You’ll regret it.

Building problems continues. I’ve tried everything and the developers have yet to resolve the issue. I’ve tried calling, emailing, filing complaints, went to their office. Even wrote to an reporter hoping maybe it can get some coverage. But what I’m told by others is “this is how Malaysia is”. Been like over 3 months and still only one elevator works on my side out of four. And no service elevators. My upstairs neighbor is rude and loud, pounding the floors at 1am. People are just overall rude and less civilized. Kids here are annoying, their parents have like 10 kids and let them loose and don’t watch them. Screaming at nice romantic restaurants on my date night, parents just sit there and ignore their screaming kids like it’s not happening. People here can’t drive. And honestly some of them really need to shower more often.

I’ve never seen a country that strives to be mediocre at everything.

Food in JB. Mediocre. I went to the best restaurants referred by locals and online reviews. All have left me disappointed. I’m actually sad about what people here thinks is good food. They’ve never had good food. Everything is mediocre. I came here with people raving about how JB is a foodie heaven. It’s not. Unless you like mediocre food. Best Korean restaurants, all mediocre. Best Chinese restaurants, below average. Best western food, wtf is this? Fine dinning, cheap materials used. They even opened a texmex restaurant, not fucking textmex. And this place is getting amazing reviews about how good it is. It’s not even texmex, idk what it is. A average restaurant in Taipei is better than the best here. The standard here is so low, and the materials are cheap. Went to all the best ramen places here, the shopping mall ramen in Taiwan is significantly better. Instant noodles in Taiwan taste better than the garbage served here.

People are overall retarded. I find myself dreading to leave the house to have to interact with people.

I applied to transfer to Italy, fingers crossed on getting out of this place.

2 Likes

Don’t ever come to Indonesia. It makes Malaysia look like NASA.

3 Likes

This is the new texmex restaurant. From Texas myself, I was excited for the opening of a texmex restaurant. Big mistake.

This looks terrible

Pasta?

They call this tiny slider burger the San Antonio burger… have these people ever been to Texas? No one would pay to eat this tiny burger, idk understand the toppings either.
“Sautéed mushrooms cheese maple grilled bacon balsamic onion jam beef patty and garlic aioli” balsamic onion jam?!?! Garlic aioli?!? How is this Tex Mex? I could eat this in one bite.

1 Like

I agree with everything you said, but… that burger looks tasty. It’s 101% not Tex Mex though.

It’s so tiny. I could probably eat like 10 for main course and have room for dessert.

1 Like

What is that thing in the bottom left? Doesn’t look like any Mexican food that I’ve seen.

What thing?

It’s supposed to be Tex mex…not Mexican. I died a little on the inside when reviewer say it’s Mexican. It’s not even Mexican nor is it texmex as the restaurant is trying to sell it.