I miss Taiwan

Hes not Italian either. He probably makes a mean schnitzel though.

1 Like

He makes Italian and also Spanish food. His tapas were also an assault on my taste buds

I figured he was probably related to Fred Durst.

2 Likes

Thought foreigners would have some more courtesy towards other foreigners. Guess they are pretty brutal over there.

Johor doesn’t attract the best foreigners from my experience.

This guy is now blowing up my phone saying I’m fake, a druggie, I drink a lot of Diet Coke…I don’t get that insult. How does one get high on Diet Coke.

High on four diet cokes lol!

If you drank a dozen, you’d probably get a pretty good buzz. Man, that “chef” has gone completely unhinged. Keep up the good trolling!

1 Like

He is really weird about the Diet Coke. Diet Coke missing lol. You sold it!!! I’ve never seen a owner of a restaurant treat clients this way. He pretty overweight himself, perhaps he should think about drinking Diet Coke.

It’s probably his only legal high in Malaysia. :sunglasses:

“Hey, let’s check out the I Miss Taiwan thread to see how Andrew is doing”

ok. Well at least he’s enjoying his diet coke.

3 Likes

In Malaysia, when they fix one problem they create 3 more.

They “fixed” another elevator as in it now has power and opens… I was so happy to see as I arrived home. But soon came to realization of none of them actually work because the doors will not close and no one knows why.

3 Likes

I’m following this thread with interest :slight_smile:
I went to Penang as I wasn’t really impressed with Kuala Lumpur. You have opulence literally beside squalor; big bank buildings in downtown and the poor existing in crappy buildings just nearby. The riverbank had nothing of interest but just dirty water flowing. Meh.

Hopped on a bus to Penang, the people are generally friendly here, the food is really good, and the colonial style buildings are neat. Im getting bored so happy to be getting back to Taiwan at the end of the week.

They also don’t do customer service in Malaysia, guess that’s the culture. Fortunately I haven’t suffered the bleeding anus like Andrew has.

I also think I’m burning out of Asia travel. One place is roughly the same as the other with minor cultural variances and language.

According to him I’m a taco boy and Coke sipper
He keeps saying boy for whatever reason.
image image

2 Likes

“Taco Boy and Diet Coke sipper,” ha ha. Man, his shitposting is making me hungry!

1 Like

I’m going to be honest here,
Andrew0409, you’re coming across as badly as the other guy.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how he thinks he can cook. It’s simply awful. Ive worked in fine dinning in real kitchens with some world known chefs. This guy would get destroyed if he cooked for them to taste. I can cook better than him, it’s not even an exaggeration.

@_Lilith can vouch for me, my Italian food like pesto and ragu is better. Their homemade ice cream has crystallized, meaning it’s old.

1 Like

Those are just my funny replies. I’m not the aggressor. Im just replying to him. Probably the harshest things that stab a chef in the heart. The list of things he said is way to long and not really legible.

My original review was fair. Gave positives and negatives. Not my fault he doesn’t seem to believe an Italian person thinks his Italian food is not good.

Seems fair to go after his cooking abilities. Even if I’m going over the top, can’t say he isn’t a good deserving candidate to unload some of the BS bottled up living in Malaysia.

I mean but seriously this guy is not really right in the head. All I did was comment a honest review of what I had to eat and how I did not enjoy the food listing the reasons, if he wouldn’t have sold his restaurant as a traditional Mediterranean cuisine place I would have just let it go, but I went there with some expectations as it was my birthday and nothing was appetizing.
When you review a restaurant u expect the chef to either put up with the criticism or comment something along the lines of “we are sorry for … bla bla bla” not to come at me because my name doesn’t sound Italian and I look like a Diet Coke addict (wtf…)
I wish I could go teach him how to cook a simple pesto pasta it makes my heart cry that he’s selling that as a pasta dish when it resembles more a noodle soup

That’s hilarious…Sorry.