I miss Taiwan

Absolutely paranoid, you have no idea. I bet that if I go and ask about a project, they would deny it firts and then whisper “how did you know about it?” Sigh.

Of course, working conditions stir such loyalty that it is to be expected…:cactus:

Andrew0409

Dude, if you are still drinking soda - especially Diet Coke - you really don’t have much credibility. What is Diet Coke? A bunch of fuckin chemicals. You drink that shite and whine about how bland the food is. Really?

And you chose to move to a spot on the world - easily researched on the internet btw - that is known to be less than stellar. Johor is the inbred spot in Malaysia. I have never heard anyone say “Gosh, I think I will move to Johor. I heard it is nice / scenic / anything.” So don’t expect stellar chefs to move there and open up fine dining.

Your description sounds something like life in Kaohsiung. I haven’t found a decent restaurant here. To me, even the Chinese food kind of sucks here. But I didn’t move here expecting anything sophisticated.

Think about it? How many sophisticated cities are there in Asia? Hint: You won’t need to break out your toes to count them.

And be careful what you say. There are libel laws - just like in Taiwan.

Somebody needs to chill and enjoy a refreshing Diet Coke. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This food is steller, Croatian Kitchen
No. 17號, Hebei Road, Lingya District, Kaohsiung City, 802
0929 588 928
https://goo.gl/maps/3pSGn7fS4LM2

What are you on about with Diet Coke? How does one lose credibility because of drinking a can of Diet Coke.

Why don’t they sell Diet Coke at 7/11 or Family Mart in Taiwan?

All this Diet Coke talk is making me thirsty.

1 Like

There’s Coke Zero. Coke Zero have replaced Diet Coke in most places as far as I can tell. I don’t seen Diet Coke’s around ad much.

When I hear the tab crack and the fizz, I start salivating like Pavlov’s dogs…

2 Likes

Coke Zero doesn’t taste the same. I want that silver can stuff.

Move to Malaysia, they have Diet Coke everywhere. But I don’t think people drink it because it’s the most overweight country I’ve ever seen.

I find Diet Coke pairs better with poultry and fish.

1 Like

Nice reference.

Also vodka.

1 Like

Well, to be honest, Pavlov’s dogs were probably vodka drinkers.

Diet Coke is full of chemicals!!! Don’t drink it omg. Everything is full of chemicals lol

It’s like those stupid propaganda saying weed has 10 thousand chemicals in it! Yeah which plant doesn’t.

I don’t get why having a Diet Coke once in a while is like even a thing to comment on. We don’t say shit about the person drinking a bottle of wine, you’re telling me that’s healthy? No logic here.

We need to get you out of retrograde ASAP. :grin:

Every time someone rang the bell, Pavlov would have a vodka/Diet Coke or sometimes a Cuba libre and snootsky of cocaine.

Well, I guess it’s settled then. Thanks for doing the historical research so I don’t have to. If Pavlov were around today, I assume he’d be using his dogs for doggy medical marijuana trials.

1 Like

I thought Pavlov was the name of the dog?

No, that was Dashka.