I miss Taiwan

Well maybe so, but I hope we can all agree that Diet Mountain Dew is the go-to for those special occasions where Tab is just too highfalutin’. :face_with_monocle:

Patricians choice.

My Spanish friend used to order a massive fattening meal with tons of sides and tell the waitress, and a diet coke because I’m on a diet.

Always gave them a good laugh.

I love regular coca cola , I drink at least 4 cans a day. Just saw a Chinese doctor on my trip to Malaysia and he said your pulse is way too high, are you a coffee drinker? I told him of my cola habit and he said good luck to you, if you maintain drinking that stuff. I give you about 5 years before you get various organ failures.

I’ve quit cold turkey and drinking honey water every day now to break the habit and need for sweetness at his suggestion.

It won’t let me like your post, but this made me LOL.

Why can’t I like all the posts I want? Do they not want us to over saturate the like market and damage the like economy?

3 Likes

You mean you can like posts ? It’s all secret now .

Looks slightly better than the Frog restaurant in Taichung. And honestly, every “Mexican” restaurant i have been to in Taiwan offers chicken wings. I say it’s the option for Taiwanese who don’t like Mexican

Here’s something happening in JB. One sister was voted best female DJ in Asia.

im trying the hit the “OK” button on your post but it wont let me

No more adenosine triphosphate for you today young man. (or was is dopamine? who knows)

1 Like

RIP

Oh yes, the “sewer waters of yanki imperialism” (as my dear father calls it) are my downfall too. Awfully addictive. I have learned to drink coffee and tea without sugar and do not need any sweet treats, but heck I know I hit rock bottom when I guzzle half a can. This has happened like 3 times since I started my diet about a year ago, but man, I realy miss it, even though it is deadly.

As to diet drinks, NO! First of all awful flavor, second of all generate allergies, third of all they are deadly to pets. Anything that can kill my beloved is not allowed near me or my household.

I have never been a soda person because something about the feeling of carbonated drinks on my tongue really puts me off. There is, however, something truly addictive about sugar. The more I eat it the more I want to have it, but if I slowly cut it from my diet I don’t experience cravings anymore. So if I have ice cream for a few days in a row, I’ll start to want some every day. But if I ignore that craving or half-satisfy it with a piece of fruit, I stop wanting it over time and just forget about it.

Fruit is mostly sugar, too. Except maybe berries.

Interesting about the carbonated drink feeling. I actually like it, and switched to naturally carbonated mineral water, which also helped with cramps during early keto. I had taken all salt from my food before.

The Chinese doctor said RIP to me as well.
I quit drinking it immediately.
Actually the words were, good luck to you multiple times.

At least fruit is better for you than ice cream!

I think for a lot of people one of the main draws of soda is that prickly carbonated feeling. And it does help settle the stomach somehow. My mom likes drinking club soda to encourage herself to burp since she has trouble with bloating sometimes.

OMG! TMI!

:runaway:

Pfft what’s the big deal. People bloat. It’s not like she’s one of those abeis who rips ass right next to you on the bus, which just happened to me ten minutes ago. Where’s that damn wack things in Taiwan thread?

1 Like

What an embarrassment

This SOB is walking around freely?

https://images.wsj.net/im-41484?width=1260&aspect_ratio=1.5

2 Likes

Chinese Malaysians are the biggest pro-China shills ever. at least on the internet.