I miss Taiwan

Oh come on you can do better than that please. :grin:

1 Like

3dWv

3 Likes

You’re allergic to Malaysia. It should be pretty obvious by now.

Get the f out of there now.

Finally getting out of here. But just really I have to book my flights around Chinese New Year :scream:

3 Likes

Dang, your Malaysia reality show didn’t last even half a year. This thread was very entertaining/educational.
Can hardly wait for a new thread from your next abode.

Why do I get the feeling he’s not going to be satisfied with his next destination either?

2 Likes

Well, I am escaping Taiwan for Malaysia for a few weeks in January.

My kids miss our pool!

I miss reasonably priced golf. I golfed in Kaohsiung 3 times so far. Each time was NT4000+. Course was OK but they have a moronic two caddy system (mandatory). So 4 players and 2 caddies in a huge cart. It is a total cluster F*@k. Takes forever to finish a round. I prefer to walk (not allowed of course). But I just walk anyway as it is easier than going back and forth to the damn cart.

In Malaysia I pay 1/10 the price. Courses are good but carts are older / beat up (you can pay 1/5 the price for a fancier club). But we don’t need caddies and can drive on course right to ball (unless course is soaked).

We don’t eat out much in Kaohsiung because it is just too hard. With kids we can’t scooter around. And if a restaurant here is actually open and have decent food it is often full. Of course, almost none have parking - so I am stuck driving around finding an illegal spot on the side of the road. And of course the price is 1/3 in Malaysia.

1 Like

I’m surprised you don’t scooter around with kids. I see many scooters with a parent and two kids, or two parents with a kid on each scooter.

This country is so stupid. I ordered the rubber tips for the earbuds I lost after falling off. They held it on custom because they think it’s wireless headphones which you need a permit to import.

One of the reasons why we got the apartment is a incredibly nice bathtub that actually fits me. The developers of course put a water heater that heats up like 20% of the tub.

You just see stupid incompetence daily that’s drives you insane every day.

Just like my ex-Malay girlfriend. I learned better how not to judge other people’s competence or common sense based on your own competence or common sense. Other qualities kept me hanging around longer than warranted.

She’s not Malay anymore? :hushed:

4 Likes

You were just waiting for that gimee. Now she’s just an ex-girlfriend from Malaysia.

Be careful out jogging at night in JB.

…now you’re just some Malay that I used to know…

1 Like

:notes:

1 Like

Ugh. What have I done? Now that song is STUCK in my head.

My sympathies. That song is annoying AF.

1 Like

Congrats!

Before you leave make sure to try the pastries at Salahuddin bakery and have some BBQ fish at Meldrum.

@Andrew0409, @_Lilith, a town is calling out to you two:

He’s willing to pay up to €9,000, or $10,200, over three years to families willing to move in and take up residency amid snowy peaks and flower-strewn pastures, as long as they have a child and a minimum annual salary of €6,000.

3 Likes