I need a logo - attention graphic designers!

My buxiban is undergoing a name change. We’ve been operating under the previous owner’s signage for a year, and although we’ve already legally changed our name, we’re growing and it’s now time to replace the signage. I require a logo that I could use on signage, name cards, and perhaps even a simple version that we could put on a chop. What’s my best bet? I remember that Alleycat came up with his logo with help from some graphic designers here on F.com. Should I be doing the same thing? Of course I’m willing to pay, but how much? Thanks for any help!

A fine offer Maoman, but a little more detail would probably get the creative juices flowing…ie the name of your buxiban etc…just saying…! :smiley:

The name of the school is not important… just so long as the logo incorporates at least one skull, it will be a good logo. Just think for a moment of the number of successful organizations and entities that have incorporated into their logo a skull or skulls.

Its a can’t-fail approach.

Good point… I stand rectified!!

Just to give you creative types some ideas… and in keeping with the education theme:

[quote=“Tigerman”]The name of the school is not important… just so long as the logo incorporates at least one skull, it will be a good logo. Just think for a moment of the number of successful organizations and entities that have incorporated into their logo a skull or skulls.

Its a can’t-fail approach.

[/quote]

Oh well in THAT case… here you go Maoman. That’ll be a million NT. Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

And Maoman,

Another thing to consider is that you are located in Taiwan. You know what that means, right?

That’s right. If you don’t want to go to the trouble of creating a new and original logo, you can simply choose one that already exists, if you like it. Perhaps something like this one:

That’s a proven eye-catcher!

Don’t come to class late…
Don’t forget your homework…
Don’t talk in class or elseeeeeee

Because…

MAOMAN IS…

THE PUNISHER!!!

[quote=“irishstu”] Oh well in THAT case… here you go Maoman. That’ll be a million NT. Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

THAT! That is freaking BRILLIANT!

That’s the one you want, Maoman. Quit the search right now!

Iris, Excellent work! That will likely win awards, say nothing of drawing in hordes of students!

[quote=“Tigerman”]

Iris, Excellent work! That will likely win awards![/quote]

You reckon? I was trying to fit “Eh?” in somewhere, but I couldn’t find a place. Oh, and a maple leaf…

Oh and I totally ripped the skull off, but I suppose I could change a couple of the teeth round, then it wouldn’t be a copy, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yes.

Maple Leaf in the eyes?

You could… but, why go thru the trouble? We’re in Taiwan… where imitation is the sincerest form of flattery… IP here stands for “imitation property”…

I’ll design the brochure for free…here it is…

MAOMAN’S ENGLISH SCHOOL!!

FOLLOW THE LEADER!!

Call my buddy Chris at Enhance Design and drop my name. 04-2320-9121.

I

MAOMAN’S ENGLISH ACADEMY

Creating the harmony in earth since dawn morning!

[quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“irishstu”] Oh well in THAT case… here you go Maoman. That’ll be a million NT. Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

I love it! :laughing: :bravo: :notworthy: Sadly, I don’t think Vanessa will go for it. The name of the school is Beimei Yingyu (North American English). We’d like the four Chinese characters to be more prominent than the English name, and we’d like to have a Polar Bear somewhere in the middle. Something like one of these (I especially like the last one - Number 8):

I’d say contact redwagon’s mate for a quote. If you think it’s reasonable, then go that route. If not, then offer something here… make it a contest or something.

I was thinking along the same lines. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I really thought my work was at the pinnacle of creativity!

Just use the dog from your avatar.

It’s cute. Taiwanese love cute. You’ll be packing them in.

[quote=“irishstu”] Oh well in THAT case… here you go Maoman. That’ll be a million NT. Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

[quote=“Tigerman”]THAT! That is freaking BRILLIANT!

How about if Iris changes it to read, “Moaman’s and Vanessa’s Excellent English School”? She ought to go for that, no?

If no, then maybe you could consider changing it to read, “Vanessa’s and Moaman’s Excellent English School”…

:wink: