I need a visitor visa

Hello, perhaps someone out there can help me out.

I am in Taiwan at the moment and wish to apply for an ARC given that my wife is Taiwanese and would like to stay in Taiwan for a while. I arrived on a German passport with a thirty day landing permit. The problem is that need a visitor visa in my passport to apply for an ARC. So my question is this: Which country is the easiest to apply for a Taiwan visitor visa, and what do I need to apply for it? Would I need a bank statement, or proof of employment, for instance? Or will I be granted a visa if I show that I am married to a Taiwanese citizen?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[quote=“Sirakwai”]Hello, perhaps someone out there can help me out.

I am in Taiwan at the moment and wish to apply for an ARC given that my wife is Taiwanese and would like to stay in Taiwan for a while. I arrived on a German passport with a thirty day landing permit. The problem is that need a visitor visa in my passport to apply for an ARC. So my question is this: Which country is the easiest to apply for a Taiwan visitor visa, and what do I need to apply for it? Would I need a bank statement, or proof of employment, for instance? Or will I be granted a visa if I show that I am married to a Taiwanese citizen?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Hi Sirakwai:

HK is known to be difficult but it is the closest and most frequently used destination. You could try your case there as you can show proof of marriage to a ROC national. Easier destinations would be Singapore, Thailand or Malaysia. Singapore has the cheaper flights.

The following documents are required for a visitor visa application:

1. Wife’s household registration certificate (HRC)
  2. Copy of wife’s Taiwan ID
  3. Marriage certificate (translated into Chinese if you were not married in Taiwan)
  4. Statement saying that you wish to rejoin your wife in Taiwan and need a visitor’s visa.

It would help your case a lot if your wife’s HRC showed your name on it as husband. Then it should be very simple to get the visa.

Shall you need further assistance you can contact our office.

Thank you for that information ML McLean. I did a checklist of all the things you mentioned, and have them all. I feel a lot better about the procedure now. Just one question, how do you all the legalities involved?

I am sorry, the last question made no sense. What I would like to know is:

Where I can find the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Hong Kong? I cannot find the address on the web.

How long does it take to get a tourist visa?

How much does it cost?

Thank you for any advice you may have