I saw a Google car today!

You know how Google Maps shows 360-degree street-level views in many parts of the world? I saw one of the Google cars with the 360-degree camera mounted on its roof cruising around in Taipei today.

Soon Taipei will be on this wonderful feature of Google Maps! :banana:

I saw the same car Thursday morning, heading up Zhongshan North Rd.
Tall periscope-type thing mounted on the roof. Hey! Maybe it shot us on the scooter.

I’ll be checking out that location on Google Maps once it’s ready, to see if I can see me.

something like this:

this is cool in so many ways!! Now if they only would show google maps with pinyin instead of all those chinese characters

[quote=“StuartCa”]something like this:

[/quote]
Yep, that’s it.

I didn’t know about this until I read Chris’s post. A few nights ago I got to wondering about it, and I got on Google Maps and looked up my grandma’s old house in the U.S., and some old houses that I’d lived in as a child, and an old friend’s house.

It’s neat. I sent the link for my grandmother’s house to my brothers (I am the littlest billy goat gruff, though now long of tooth), and they were duly amazed.

Thanks for the info, Chris!

That car looks really sinister!

I saw it circling 101 last week.

It was on Chienkwo South this avo.

It was in my bedroom last night. :astonished:

A google car in Spain caught a woman squatting in the street. So be careful what you do when you’re out. That section of road has since mysteriously disappeared from the map.
With the amount of public urination that goes on here, I think a lot of map will be deleted…

Any news on when the streetview will come to the taiwan google maps?

Google Maps Street View is up and running…in Taipei!!!

totally awesome! I love how much easier it is to navigate around. The pictures are pretty clear too, much better than the portland streetview.

I saw a Google car today! Twice. In the fair city of Donggang, of all places.

Hey! Some of us are busy moving the island, okay?

It doesn’t really help always having these GPS Google cars updating everything…

just saw the google car in Dalong Road in Taichung (west district), seems they started updating their pictures

Kill it!

why? I like the google car and streetview helped me many times to find my destination and I also like to “drive” some remote places to kill some time at work haha… but its really cool cause last time I looked at Kangaroo Island south of Adelaide and now I don’t need to go there anymore cause I saw it already… saves some money as well :slight_smile: