I suggest you consolidate

Hello folks,

I am new here. Long story short, I am originally from France and living in San Francisco bay area since ~15 years, looking forward to know more about Taiwanese culture in general.

However, one thing that comes up ; it is very hard to navigate within all those categories ; I would suggest you consolidate; thus reduce the total number of main categories and sub-forums.

I think the mods do a very good job at minimising the number of topics.

How would you prefer it to be managed, other than fewer threads, while allowing for free speech?

Hello,

If you’re looking for something specific, simply do a search for it.

Good luck with that oxymoron.

Hello.

Guy

Hello,

I don’t think allowing quantity vs accessibility is a matter of free speech, but a matter of codification and readability. Anyway free speech these days is a very fuzzy concept bringing
cacophony rather than understanding, it has become the counter tool of any form of intellectuality, I stop here, digressing too much from current.

Hello,

I know a bit Macao, so I can accept you read such statement as an oxymoron, at least to a certain extend.

Just go to the latest threads. That’s what people are talking about at the moment. Otherwise, if you have a specific Question, as has been pointed out, do a search.

2 Likes

Who judges quality that makes it allowable as free speech? It’s a tricky topic, but you only having been here 15 hours weakens your moral authority.

22 posts were split to a new topic: From Consolidate Suggestion

Hello,

that’s not a judgment at all, but a matter of framework, every human being group always decided what it would be, moral is not a universal idea, but a mean, agreement, contract within a group. Meanwhile, we as human beings are entitled to our nature ; this is not limitless ; so a window concept is the same everywhere in the world no matter its codification or form, so, we abide by certain rules without the need of proving them. There is nothing tricky here, just a mere observation of my time.

What do you want to know?

Hello,

if I knew, I would not be there.

It’s an expat forum. None of us understand Taiwanese culture.

4 Likes

Hello,

I happen to know folks originating from Taiwan and mainland China, however, I feel often off beat with Taiwanese mindset ; so to me, people living there should know better than I do, even if you prefer striking hard absolutisms.

They surely do, but until you express interest in something specific, it’s difficult to take your inquiries seriously. :man_shrugging:

Hello,

it will come with time, for now, I just introduce myself to the community using an excuse for such, you have to start somewhere.

Any particular reason you’re writing “hello” at the beginning of every post? Is this French culture?

1 Like

I don’t know if this will help, but this is an arrangement somewhat similar to the way the board looked back when it used phpbb software:

https://tw.forumosa.com/categories

Of course, you may already know about this.

1 Like

Hello,

no, not particularly, that’s just me, I think this time lack of courtesy, just trying my best, you may ignore.

Hello,

thank you, yes I already explored, I 'll find my way at some point, just I was unsure how to jump.

You’re welcome.