I think I did the right thing

I think I did the right thing…

I’ve always fantasized about being famous and making people laugh. Today I saw an opportunity to play a ridiculous prank… This morning I found a Taipei City traffic officer’s reflector uniform and cap at 7-11. Nobody was sitting at that table for the last 20 minutes and the person who had it was clearly no longer there.

Thinking a Taipei City traffic officer would be a super-cool Halloween costume, I took it home to use as a funny prank that would get a lot of attention. How many white male traffic police in their 20s work in Taipei? Many ideas for hilarity and mischief coursed through my mind.

But… when I got home I just didn’t feel right. When that officer realized she forgot her reflector she was probably really worried about it. I don’t feel like I stole anything, but I did her life more stressful.

It would have been HILARIOUS to have someone film me going out to the streets of Taipei pretending to be a traffic cop, but it would have put the real traffic cop at risk because it had a visible badge number on the back. Those people are working for a living and just trying to do the right thing… and for me to go out and pretend to be one of them at the expense of a real officer would be disrespectful…

… So, I walked down a block to the police station and returned it. I’m just not willing to step on someone else’s life to make myself well known. I feel as if I have been tested; I know it was the right thing and I know other opportunities here in Taiwan will come to me. I feel ten times better, now…

Gee kidz…the lesson here is…DON"T STEAL.

most kids learn this at an adolescent level.

Actually…IMO the right thing to do would have been to turn them in to the clerk at that 7/11.
Imagine the sh!t that officer got into after his/her superiors found out what happened to their gear.

You think you did the right thing? I wish you would have kept it and then seen how long before your third-grade ass got tossed from the island for impersonating a cop.

The worst part of the whole story is that you then went home, logged onto your computer and proceeded to tell everyone this story, thus causing me to click on the link and end up reading it. Now I’m pissed off at me!

Wow to some of you guys… I didn’t expect such nastiness, much less a strain of neo-puritanism from one above poster.

Anyways, to answer ch3nius, I don’t know what happened to the officer right after, but like I said he/she had already left it. In the end all I did was return it.

Yeah, and in the beginning all you did was steal it.

You only did yourself a favor by not wearing the uniform on the street. It would probably be a criminal offense same as in most other countries. If you don’t believe it, try that kind of joke where you come from and you’ll probably end up in handcuffs.

It makes me think of Ry Cooder and “Crazy 'bout an Automobile.”

[quote]Look at that big, fine Buick over there
Oh, I like that one
Yeah, now, looks like somebody left the keys in it
Oh, let’s take a ride

Nothing but rubber heels[/quote]

But don’t listen to me – I found a fellow’s laptop in Swensen’s this one time and yeah, like you, I stole it. Din’t give it back, though. I sold it to a daft young Canookistanian for NT$5,000. SCORE!

And alas, that’s how it shall remain.
Although yeah, I laughed. At you, not with you. People DO often laugh at the special people. It’s not nice at all, but then…

It wouldn’t. At all. It would have been boring and stupid.
I mean for GOD’S sake! Who the HELL is writing your material? He needs to be fired, tootsweet.

You guys are mean.

And he did it at a 7-11… gosh, don’t let him be tonight’s TV news ours d’oeuvres… :doh:

You’re only saying that because you’re sitting there typing in your Hooters uniform. Honestly, Doc, it isn’t becoming. Trust me on this. Plus, you don’t even CARE about the stains the chief left in the gusset? Have you NO pride?

Why would you steal a cop’s uniform when you can pop down to a costume rental shop and hire one for a “prank”? You are VERY lucky not to be sitting in prison now, dude.

Oh, and your biggest crime of all was deleting your OP. :no-no: But not to worry, the powers-that-be will kindly reinstate it for you shortly. And lock the post so you can’t do it again. :wink:

In the words of the immortal [color=#000080]Dragonbones[/color]: “THINK before you hit that ‘Enter’ button.”

I’m just glad I never mentioned the time I killed the postman.

Hey, no fair taking quotes out of context! That was from a thread on condom use.

I am curious kai, how you thought, in this age of Sacha Baron Cohen, that something as lame as wearing a cop uniform would be funny? Do you really watch Just For laughs just for laugh?

You’re only saying that because you’re sitting there typing in your Hooters uniform. Honestly, Doc, it isn’t becoming. Trust me on this. Plus, you don’t even CARE about the stains the chief left in the gusset? Have you NO pride?[/quote]
Anyway, the joke’s on you sandman, because I stole that uniform! ha ha

You’re only saying that because you’re sitting there typing in your Hooters uniform. Honestly, Doc, it isn’t becoming. Trust me on this. Plus, you don’t even CARE about the stains the chief left in the gusset? Have you NO pride?[/quote]
Anyway, the joke’s on you sandman, because I stole that uniform! ha ha[/quote]
No, its on YOU, because the chief left it out on purpose where someone would take it, on account of even HE didn’t want to touch the gusset-crust.