I think I'll die young

I had my blood pressure measured when I went back home over Christmas it was 170/100. Thats way too high. I’m on medication for it now and wondering why I should be changing in my lifestyle that will have the most effect. Firstly i’m concentrating on stressing out less.

What are you eating?
Do you smoke?
Do you get any exercise?
How much do you drink?

No salt. More sex.

Dragonbones, was that an offer for the poor lad?

Tycoon, less pop old son! You at the HH tonight? Its close to my place so you could wonder over to me first if you fancy it.

I’m banking on it. Three immediate family member died of heart attacks in their 40’s, one in her 30’s. Let’s just say I’m not bothering with a pension.

Buttercup, if you are struggling for a name on your life insurance forms I could show you how to spell mine!

:slight_smile: I like you!

Nothing out of the ordinary… I avoid candy and keep junk food down to a minimum, but I’m not a regular consumer of the leafy greens and fruit.

[quote=“jdsmith”]
Do you smoke?[/quote]
I quit almost 2 years ago

[quote=“jdsmith”]
Do you get any exercise?[/quote]
nope, but I didn’t really 10 years ago either. (and 10 years ago my blood pressure was so low I was prone to fainting if I stood up too fast)

[quote=“jdsmith”]
How much do you drink?[/quote]
Every 7-11 has beer… yes i drink alot. I did in Australia too, but that was mostly vino.

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]
Tycoon, less pop old son! You at the HH tonight? Its close to my place so you could wonder over to me first if you fancy it.[/quote]

Not tonight. I’ll be back up to speed next week.

I’d say you need to cut down on the drinking and definately start exercising. Even though you didn’t exercise 10 years ago when your blood pressure was much better, you need to remember that as our bodies get older, they start to function less and less efficiently. An exercise bike or a treadmill for 35-40 minutes 3 to 5 days a week isn’t committing a whole lot of time and it can do wonders for your health.