I wanna new scooter

I’m looking at new scooters. The Kymco Racing 150 has my eye at the moment. It’s a bit bigger than my jockey and it’s the one my mechanic recomends. What do you think?

Maybe you can attach a photo here.

Racing 150 is a good bike, attractive, torquey and very tuneable.
I recommend the BWS125 for the cool looks, high yamaha build quality and even more tuneability :smiley:

I don’t really like the looks of the new BWS. I used to have an older one, but the new one looks toy-ish. I’m sure it runs beautifully though.

Why not get one of these instead?

That looks hot, but i need a wide, flat floor. My first scooter was a bws100. good times on that one but it taught me why buying used in Taiwan might not be the best idea.

[quote=“TaFCoML”]I don’t really like the looks of the new BWS. I used to have an older one, but the new one looks toy-ish. I’m sure it runs beautifully though.

[/quote]

Because it’s made by Careless Pathetic Incompetents.

[quote=“TaFCoML”]I don’t really like the looks of the new BWS. I used to have an older one, but the new one looks toy-ish. I’m sure it runs beautifully though.

[/quote]

Jesus really?
Thats an awful,awful bike in comparison to almost anything on the market!.

The BWS looks arent for everyone, but look how cool they can be:

That might be a little too pink for me.

[quote=“RobinTaiwan”][quote=“TaFCoML”]I don’t really like the looks of the new BWS. I used to have an older one, but the new one looks toy-ish. I’m sure it runs beautifully though.

[/quote]

Because it’s made by Careless Pathetic Incompetents.[/quote]

Also, be careful with that bike. The price of tires are very expensive.

Guys, could we stop with the endless quoting of the same photo? Thanks.

CPI are gaining a reputation for poor quality and avoiding responsibility for them, so I personally wouldn’t buy one. Made in China btw, or rather, parts made in China and assembled here. Either way, meh.

I have a Magic 125. Not as powerful and zippy as a fighter but this thing is a working machine. I think it has the biggest floor space. Most mechanics roll their eyes and refuse to work on it though…

[quote=“Battery9”]
I have a Magic 125. Not as powerful and zippy as a fighter but this thing is a working machine. I think it has the biggest floor space. Most mechanics roll their eyes and refuse to work on it though…[/quote]

Because like the CPI its chinese parts/made (they hate that!) , its a ruckus clone but theres nothing wrong with that, its a pretty strong bike really.
But its got nothing on the fighter unless carrying loads of stuff on the floorpan appeals… also the seat unit is exposed so that kinda takes away the plus point about the floorspace!.

How about a fighter? Does anyone have that?

Do a search of the forum. Several people have one.

They’re putting out a redesigned Fighter sometime in the next couple weeks. The guys at the shops all made sure I knew that it comes with a free jacket. I didn’t know how to say “That’s the last thing I need” in Mandarin :slight_smile:

You’ll find that the SYM Fighter, KYMCO Racing, and Yamaha Cygnus are all about the same. Pick one you like the looks of best. In smaller models, the KYMCO G5 and Yamaha GTR are worth looking at. I’m pretty sure they have the same engines with different bodywork, but don’t quote me on that. Note that some of the SYM and KYMCO models come in both 125 and 150 versions.

Here’s a thread that can get you started.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=76973

You’ll find that most scooters that are available have been discussed here. Searching should give you some good info.

I bought a (carburetor model) Fighter a couple of months ago. Its a great scooter, plenty of power and lots of upgrades available. Also, I think it looks better than most other scooters.

If you can still find an 08’ model it will be about 20k cheaper than a RACING. It has more floor space and also a huge under seat compartment (fits my full face helmet and jacket and rain jacket comfortably). Overall I am very happy with it and would recommend at least trying one out.

What I always look for in scooters are that they don’t have broad hips:) Easier to park that way!

[quote=“Bokonon”]Do a search of the forum. Several people have one.

They’re putting out a redesigned Fighter sometime in the next couple weeks. The guys at the shops all made sure I knew that it comes with a free jacket. I didn’t know how to say “That’s the last thing I need” in Mandarin :slight_smile:

You’ll find that the SYM Fighter, KYMCO Racing, and Yamaha Cygnus are all about the same. Pick one you like the looks of best. In smaller models, the KYMCO G5 and Yamaha GTR are worth looking at. I’m pretty sure they have the same engines with different bodywork, but don’t quote me on that. Note that some of the SYM and KYMCO models come in both 125 and 150 versions.

Here’s a thread that can get you started.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=76973

You’ll find that most scooters that are available have been discussed here. Searching should give you some good info.[/quote]

:no-no:
The yamahas have a much better engine, there is nothing similar between any of the brands, they all use different engines.

No, I didn’t say they were the same. They’re all made to fit a place in the market, though, and most people who just want a scoot to ride won’t be able to tell the difference in the performance between the 3 brands. So, in that way they are similar. The Cygnus/Racing/Fighter all have similar specs and are being marketed at the same group of (young, male) buyers.

If you want to modify one, then of course you need to consider other things. I personally will go with Yamaha for my next scoot, but lots of people on Forumosa like SYM or KYMCO as well or better.

Well umm you did say that!.
I can assure you they are nothing alike in anyway!!!

The yamaha engine is just pure magic in comparison, the other bikes only compete with their flashy body, lights, wider storage etc.

Yamahas tend to weigh more than the others, though that’s more likely a reflection of the build quality and durability.

Tried moving any of them while cramming your scoot into a parking place? Most Yamahas, even the smaller ones, are way way heavier.