I want a job infiltrating activist groups like this woman

motherjones.com/news/feature … spy-3.html

Mods, I don’t know where this should go but I am blown away by this story. This woman made a career out of infiltrating activist groups for whoever would pay her.
I like culture, I could have a great time hanging out with the other side for pay.
The article is long but I want to post some excerpts.

Sapone’s earliest known private intelligence operation occurred in the mid-1980s, when she served as an operative for Perceptions International, a Connecticut-based security firm. Working for Perceptions, which has since been shuttered, she infiltrated the animal rights community for US Surgical Corporation, a target of activists who objected to its testing on dogs. According to a 1989 article in New England Business, Sapone appeared on the animal rights scene in 1986 and quickly became “involved in at least a half dozen animal rights groups.” She “made a point of getting to know all of the key people in the movement,” and “traveled around the country to most protests, meetings and conferences.” At meetings, activists would later say, Sapone advocated taking illegal or violent action to advance the movement.

:astonished:

Outside the gun control world, Mary Lou Sapone was, as Mother Jones has previously reported, a for-hire operative who spied on citizens’ groups for corporate clients. During Sapone’s ascent through the ranks of the gun control movement, she worked for the NRA, according to a business associate.

:noway:

Informed of McFate’s true identity, her friends and associates in the gun control community expressed shock and anger. “That astounds me,” says Barbara Hohlt. Of McFate’s ability to maintain her cover, she adds, “She was very, very good. Everybody knew her for years and trusted her.” Brian Malte, director of state legislation at the Brady Campaign, says, “Oh my…Of all the people.” Kristen Rand, legislative director of the Violence Policy Center, remarks, “This is totally bizarre.” And she adds, “I would find it hardest to believe this about her. She comes across as kind of dense—or she’s putting on a good act.”

:bravo:

I really, really want a job like this. Oh, and she’s in her 60’s. hell of an exciting life for a senior. It’s like espionage, without having to go through the training.