I want to buy a real bike

naked bike in cold, wet winter weather = :cry: :cry: :cry:
unless youā€™re using it like a scooter, if which case scooters with full w/s and body = :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Howā€™s the theft rate here in Taipei? Iā€™ve heard that you really need a garage to store your stuff here, otherwise youā€™re asking for it. I was told that anything nice left on the streets are stolen in no time. The bikes get chopped up, sold for parts, and the recovery rate of stolen bikes is zero.

I am curious about this as well. I am not looking to spend $9k USD just to have a nice new bike stolenā€¦

There are a few big bikes - Fireblade, XJR1300 etc in my basement parking, I think they are safe enough. Cars left in the street get nicked quickly or fucked up Iā€™ve heard. Youā€™d be a fool to leave a new anything that moves in the street but you shouldnā€™t have to.

[quote=ā€œTinmanā€][quote=ā€œllaryā€]You can buy a good used CBR600RR for around $300k.[/quote]Iā€™m going to go check one out in Tainan this Saturday. The guy is asking 330 fot it. Ouchā€¦ 17k on the clock-never dropped. Itā€™s red!

T.[/quote]

Didnā€™t go so wellā€¦ Just got back from Canada. 2 knee surgery laterā€¦ Dislocated shoulder, compressed spinal disc, broken thumb and ankle. I went down pretty hard when test riding that CBR. Cost me a questionable 160k in repairs along with extensive injuriesā€¦ Lost my job and my savings dwindled to nothing. Not in the market for a bike no moreā€¦ What I need now is a jobā€¦ Shit happensā€¦

T.

Sorry to hear that Tinman, so that happened on the test ride of the CBR in Tainan? how did it happen? it looks like u went down really hardā€¦ were you wearing any gear?

Is this a joke?

Oh, man! Thatā€™s terrible! Hope you recover quickly! :frowning:

Thanks Maoman.

[quote]Is this a joke?[/quote]Just a quarter of a million NT jokeā€¦

The badā€¦ Back to renting a scooter now. The goodā€¦ Feeling much better and I got my old job back starting in September. Change of plansā€¦ Thinking about getting the CPI 250 once Iā€™m back on my feet financially. Hoping to have something before Christmas. Weā€™ll seeā€¦

I was being cocky. Popped a few wheelies and the last one didnā€™t touch down as plannedā€¦ went into a deadly wobble and lost control. Idiotic. Oh the prideā€¦

T.

hope that is a lesson well learned Tinmanā€¦why would u want to pop wheelies when u are test riding someone elseā€™s bike??..itā€™s good nothing even more serious happended to youā€¦

[quote=ā€œTinmanā€]
I was being cocky. Popped a few wheelies and the last one didnā€™t touch down as plannedā€¦ went into a deadly wobble and lost control. Idiotic. Oh the prideā€¦[/quote]
Damn. Expensive mistake. Glad your body is recovering. If it was my bike I probably would have killed you on the spot and put you out of your misery! :wink:

While I hope your injuries heal and give you points for posting what you did, you sir are why I never allow test rides on bikes Iā€™m selling. Wheeling after you havenā€™t ridden for a long time on a bike you donā€™t own and arenā€™t familiar with in a foreign country? Can it get anymore idiotic? Perhaps you were drunk as well or the gf was on the back?? But hey, you got mad skills and coulda been Rossi if you had just had the opportunity, right?

I sincerely hope you learned you lesson and you tell all you friends about it so they donā€™t try something similar. And thank all the mom and pop taxpayers back home that got to pay CAD$~00 000s for your idiocy.

[quote=ā€œTinmanā€][quote=ā€œTinmanā€][quote=ā€œllaryā€]You can buy a good used CBR600RR for around $300k.[/quote]Iā€™m going to go check one out in Tainan this Saturday. The guy is asking 330 fot it. Ouchā€¦ 17k on the clock-never dropped. Itā€™s red!

T.[/quote]

Didnā€™t go so wellā€¦ Just got back from Canada. 2 knee surgery laterā€¦ Dislocated shoulder, compressed spinal disc, broken thumb and ankle. I went down pretty hard when test riding that CBR. Cost me a questionable 160k in repairs along with extensive injuriesā€¦ Lost my job and my savings dwindled to nothing. Not in the market for a bike no moreā€¦ What I need now is a jobā€¦ Shit happensā€¦

T.[/quote]

So did you paid to have the bike fixed or you buy the damaged one?

[quote=ā€œFreakinā€™ Amazingā€] Can it get anymore idiotic? [/quote]Could have been worse-no one else got hurt.

Nazmikaā€¦ The money went to fix the bike and to replace the HJC helmet I scratched up pretty good.

T.

I would have had the cash off you before a test ride and then said congratulations, youā€™ve just bought a fucked bike!

Great story though, one for the grand kids.